Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Villa Villa Villa



And then I got wasted again :) if you consider that I was sober at all ? I mean I basically arrived here in Birmingham yesterday and I went out to a concert and got pissed then slept and woke up and cleaned up and jumped into a taxi to go meet my cousin and friends at Snow Hill train station . I was supposed to meet everyone at 10:30 am but ran a bit late since I thought Karl ordered me a taxi and Karl thought I had ordered a taxi .... see how that works hahaha! Karl ordered the taxi eventually :) 

 

I found everyone near the station as planned and we started drinking . Yes I didn't eat and to be honest I'm not really sure if I ate yesterday ? I might have but I don't fully recall :0 well on with the story .... we went to the Indian Brewery which was nice but my first pint was warm :( then my second seemed a bit more chilled and I was much happier with that . It didn't matter because I was with my friends that I haven't seen since November but it seemed like I never left .... that's a good feeling ! After pints there we headed to a pub called The Old Contcmptible ... or at least that is what I thought it was called :) we had a quick pint there and I was confused by their bathroom as I went up one way and came back down a different way meaning I obviously took a wrong turn somewhere but was still confused by it :) yeah I'm a dumbass hahaha! 


Last stop on wat to Villa Park was at my favourite bar in Brum ... Brewdog ! Our mate Simon Tissington from San Diego is over also so we met him there and of course indulged in another pint . Probably by this time I've had at least 6 pints .... lack of sleep and jet lag are not an issue at this point . Not sure if we took a taxi or if we used that other companies service that i won't use anymore but whatever we got ourselves to Villa Park and got to our seats eventually . We sat right next to the away support who are not a threat and we won't be expecting flying coins or bottles unlike the inbreds I will go see us play next week ... yeah SOTC ! Anyhow I will save up my anger for that match . Nothing to be angry about today . Well maybe I should be angry with the way Villa played because they didn't play well and we lost to Reading 3-1 but in all honesty it was kinda expected seeing them beat us as they have a great squad poised for the playoffs while we are trying to settle in for a run next season or at least I would hope we are .  

 

I do recall eating at Villa Park now .... yeah I had a pie and a hot dog ... I think ... after the match we headed over to The Holte Pub and of course had a few pints before going to The Social . Yes I don't like it there but I have mates there that I'd like to see especially Craig Alsop who I'm pretty sure kissed me on the lips but yeah whatever ? Another strange happening in my life eh :) seems the norm to have the odd kiss on the lips from your mate yeah . I'm  guessing he was happy to see me ! Also there was no more doom and gloom after losing .... the last few years have been hard being a Villa supporter and after a loss everyone would be down in the dumps but yesterday felt like everyone was still upbeat . I guess a season with a decent record has done a lot for the mood around the park . Now don't get me wrong I was drunk having fun so it may just be my bottled perception but I'm thinking that the doom and gloom days are over .   



As I was saying I don't really like The Social because of past experiences but I was a bit upset to hear they are closing this place down . First they closed and tore down the New Adventurers and now this ? Well I hope it was just a rumour because as much as I don't like the place I rather see it open then closed as we are losing all these game day pubs that we go to enjoy before and after games . You would hope that more places will open up but I haven't heard of any . Ahh well . Now at this point of the night things went blank ...... 

My good friend Andi got me home in a taxi .... I'm assuming based on pictures he messaged me with while I was out cold . Not sure where I passed out but let's just say it was the jet lag ;) 



If you're wondering ... i did wake up at like 4 am and I did wonder where I was and how the heck I got here . I'm sure I will find out more when Andi wakes up . We are still over at Karl's place .... today is Easter and I think my main objective for the day is to eat some good food and maybe have a pint or two hahaha ! #goodtimes 

No comments:

Post a Comment