Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

Short trip to Sheffield



What a whirlwind of a trip this has been . Ok so I'm a bit behind on my posts and I'm on a plane now flying to Cairo so I found myself a little time to do some writing . Slept really well in Sheffield at Daz and Sarah's new house , when we got up we took our sweet time and went to the Tinsley Transcafe BUT we went too late and it was closed :( yeah it's pretty much a tradition when I'm over . Well the tradition is that we eat there and not get there to see it closed .... we actually thought it might be shut down but it wasn't . I'm sure they just closed up early when breakfast ended . We had to eat so we went over near the rink to have a bite to eat . I had a burger and we then headed over to the largest ice hockey shop in the whole UK 🇬🇧 


This shop is called Puck Stop and it's across the road from Ice Sheffield , its big ! Great selection of goalie gear and everything you could ask for to play the game :) this is probably one of the biggest hockey shops that I have seen outside of Canada 🇨🇦 . I ended up buying myself a long sleeved shirt .... Cross Check was the label on the shirt . Never heard of em but I will look them up at some point . We killed quite a bit of time in there then went to the rink to watch the university tournament that was going on .... we ended up watching first period of match between London and Edinburgh . The hockey was ok but nothing fantastic , they roll 2 lines only which was interesting and for the most part the level was quite even between the 2 teams . Couldn't stick around though ... had to catch bus :( 

 

Now I'm just hoping this bus stays on schedule as I have plans to go hang out with Mike Steede aka Minty . It was his bday on Friday so I'm gonna head over have a few pints and shoot the breeze but first I have to get to Birmingham with my National Express coach ! Bus showed up on time and the ride was pretty uneventful aside from having some girl fall asleep on me .... yes again ! And she slept well , I must be comfy LOL ! 

 

So I made it to Brum on time ! Had to take taxi to Smethwick to drop my hockey kit off , take a quick shower and head to the shop for some beer before jumping another taxi to get to Minty's place . I got there in good time and Minty made me a nice home made curry . He's quite the cook ! We hung out back of his house and made plans to meet back at his the next morning before heading off to watch the Villa . At around 11 pm we decided to call it a night and quit while we were ahead :) so back to Smethwick where Karl was lounging .... we hung out for a bit , watched some hockey and crashed out . Man oh man am I ever gonna need my rest ! 

 


Have to thank Dax and Sarah for being quality hosts and thanks to the Sheffield Squeelers once again for allowing me to skate with you guys . And of course I can't forget Max .... he was sad to see me leave so soon . Sorry buddy ! See you all soon enough . 

No comments:

Post a Comment