Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Concert in Digbeth



Alright so I arrived safe and sound and totally lacking sleep . Usually I get some sleep but couldn't because of the guy beside me .... you know how there is always one person that has to read with that friggin light on while everyone else is sleeping ? Yeah I was lucky to be sitting beside that guy :( it is what it is eh . When my flight landed in Birmingham I had to wait for Andi to come in from Munich which wasn't that bad . I killed time sitting in the airport browsing online . When he arrived we got the shuttle train to the NEC then jumped on another train to New St. Station and when we got there we had to take a bus .... by this time I was already sick of dragging my bag around so we opted for a taxi which wasn't too bad and much easier then dragging my bag onto a bus . 

 

When we got to Karl's place my mate Sam popped in within the first half hour I was there and that began the parade of friends that showed up and yes I started drinking as soon as I got there .... gotta pre drink for the show yeah :) oh yeah the concert I'm going to is Bury Tomorrow with 3 other bands all of which I have never heard of aside from Crossfaith who I saw a few years back at Slam Dunk Festival in Wolverhampton . A whole bunch of us are going so it's gonna be a riot . I am gonna avoid going in the mosh pit this time though as I can't risk getting hurt before I get on the ice here . 

 

We all headed over to Digbeth in a taxi which is cheap when there are 6 of you lol ! We had to get a ticket for Andi and we scoped the area for scalpers but none were found and then we found out box office was open so he just went there and bought a ticket . I guess scalping tickets isn't big industry here like in Toronto . That's a good thing ! But just like Toronto the prices for beer are ridiculous here :( a pint of San Miguel was over £5 which is yeah concert prices . Whatever I'm here to have fun and not worry about prices of beer .... the show was good . First band was from Germany and they liked saying Thank You Very Much ALOT hahaha but in that death metal voice which yeah was interesting . The best band on the night and most entertaining was Crossfaith who we ended up getting pictures with in the Subway sandwich shop next door after the show . 



As usual it was every man for himself after the show ... Ritchie had someone puke on him apparently so he disappeared . Then Karl and Josh decided to take off and as we watched them Jukes wanted to hang back and we had to leave him because well we are staying at Karl's and it just seemed like an easier option then staying out ... plus I'm really tired and need some rest for the Villa match tomorrow . So I think I made my best decision . That is day one done with . Was great seeing the gang yesterday and now it's time to get ready to go to the pub to meet my Villa mates . I'm sure I will have another adventure to share tomorrow . UTV ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment