Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Leaving Egypt



Woke up today earlier then I wanted too because Edgar who is a fellow Canuck wanted to find out if there was hockey today ? Grrr .... needed that sleep but oh well life goes on and no there is no hockey today . Bags were already packed and all I needed to do was wash up and give Ahmed a quick lesson on how to put this gear on . He is really keen to become The Egyptian Goalie , we came up with his nickname yesterday and I'm sure he's gonna take some pics in some iconic places wearing that gear which was all donated by my good friend Brendan Krick . Unfortunately the pants and skates didn't fit him but I'm sure he will survive without them OR I will have to bring him some other stuff when I go back .... yes I'm going back . This project is far from done and I'm gonna keep working on helping these guys to get international recognition . 

 

We all barely slept and were all tired and there was some urgency to get me to the airport early because the Pope was due to arrive before my flight takes off . I thought he was here already but I guess not .... haven't really been following the news to be honest . Before I left we took one more stab at finding an Egyptian flag patch to sew onto my bag but no luck :( yeah that sucks big time ! I didn't leave empty handed though as I picked up a game worn Egypt jersey that captain Ayman wore at the first African club cup last year .  I'm sure some people will be a bit jealous of that but yeah i don't care hahaha ! I also was given a football top from an Egyptian club called El Zamalek :) I put it on and wore it to the airport . Ahmed said people will bother me about wearing this and let me tell you I did ! 

 

The guys got me to the airport with plenty of time and it was tough saying bye and I don't think I will ever get used to saying good-byes .... wiped a few tears away and headed into the airport where I had to go through security to get into airport then security before check in then security after check in with customs . Security is tight here but I'm guessing it's crazier because the Pope is due to arrive any minute . Before you ask ... I didn't see him and to be honest I wasn't looking . What I was looking for was that Egyptian flag patch for my bag which seems to be non existent here :( duty free was no help either and I'm guessing the top I was wearing had something to do with it . One guy plainly told me he couldn't help me and told me to go to another counter while he frowned at me hahaha ! 

 

When I got on the plane I put my bag away and grabbed my seat got comfy and put some music on with my head phones just like 3 of the other 5 did in my aisle and napped a bit until food came . When the stewardess brought my meal she leaned over and said the lady in front (seen above cutting me the evil eye ) asked if I could turn my music off ??? She shrugged her shoulders while saying it and I was confused .... how did she figure it was my music and how dare she do that anyway ! I turned it down a bit but wasn't gonna turn it off . I noticed this crazy woman asking the stewardess again and then we made eye contact and she muttered something and I told her if she wants she can pay for my seat and I will turn it off but until then I've paid and even the couple beside me were confused ? They even said they can't here it ! This woman was nuts hahaha ! While talking to the couple next to me I made sure to speak loud enough so she could hear me and I said she must be lonely or dying for a drink :) she turned around and said you know I understand and I said good I want you to hear this since your being an idiot then I blew her a kiss and put my headphones back on . I didn't pay any notice to her after that but she seemed to have OCD or something because she wouldn't stop bugging the attendants . Misery really does live company and I wasn't about to join her . In all my years of travelling I have never ever encountered this level of ignorance and even though she heard other passengers saying they couldn't hear my music she just wouldn't give up until she got what she wanted .... she never attained that goal :) beeeyotch ! 

Anyways I am on the next flight now heading to Birmingham from Frankfurt and I'm hoping this is uneventful as I have to get to Karl's do some laundry sleep and wake up early to go to Blackburn to watch Aston Villa . I'm sure it's gonna be a wild day so it's best I do my writing now because tomorrow I'm sure I won't even know my own name lol ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment