Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Rock Of Gibraltar (part 2)


Sometimes things don't go my way and that's understood and I get by but that first day heading up the rock on my own (with Kathleen) was shitty ... And that night things were stranger as we headed out for dinner the downtown area was all closed but it was after siesta ??? Anyways we were looking for something to eat and headed to Casemates Square and sat down at a restaurant called All's Well Restaurant . People were eating and it looked good , so we sat down and this bald server comes up to us and says no food is being served and dinner is closed at 7 pm ... Kinda strange because it's around 8 and people are eating . He told us to sit at the next restaurant ... 10 mins later we saw the same jerk bringing food out so I went over to him and asked why how these other people got served ... He said they were in the band performing in the square and they ordered their food before 7 ... So I asked him if they served the food cold ? He said no it was fresh ... I said ok thanks asshole and walked away ... If you go to Gibraltar expect this treatment from this high nosed restaurant and avoid it like the plague !!! 


Ok that was a bit off track and you can see that my first day totally didn't go as I wanted it to but the 2nd day was different . We checked out of the Cannon Hotel which was amazing , left our bags there and headed off to find a taxi tour of The Rock . Yes we were keen to find out the cost difference and experience everything we wanted to see ... We found a guy named Fidelio Bonfante who worked for a company called Official Rock Tours we approached him and asked the cost . Now regularly I avoid these guys like the plague but I had no choice since the other option I experienced was ridiculous . So for £22 we get a ride up and down and all the entrances are covered ok that sounds good :) first stop was the Hurculean Pillars which was cool with a beautiful view of Morocco in the distance ! Second stop was St.Michaels Cave which was fantastic then we headed to the Great Siege Tunnels and then back to where we started in under 2 hours ... Not bad eh ? 


After that we went for a hike to go see the 100 ton gun . It was about a half hour walk and when we got there we saw that there was an entrance fee and agreed if it cost £10 we would just turn back :( thank goodness it was only £1 each and when we went in we were the only people there which was cool . We had all the time to take pics and of course my camera handling gf took this pic ... 


Yup that is her finger in the shot :( and the only pic she took . Sorry Kathleen you are a horrible photgrapher :( after taking pics we headed off to take public transit back to city center where it was again a dead zone ... It's weird to be in a city that just shuts down like this ??? Where does everyone go ? Even the tourist ? So we decide to walk over to this boat hotel as I am looking for some oysters but apparently in Gibraltar they don't have oysters ??? I know it's surrounded by water but for some reason  there is nowhere that has or sells oysters . Ok whatever I will settle for chicken wings lol ! We had our last meal grabbed our bags and headed to the boarder after crossing that landing strip again .


At the boarder nobody even glanced at my passport and we were back in junkie vill aka La Linea ... What a shit hole this town is . Anyways I am glad I stayed in Gibraltar over the other option which was to stay in La Linea ... Trust me you should do the same . We knew killed time waiting for our bus and headed back to Benalmadena , back to Casa Pilkington :) back to the beautiful beaches and landscape . 


We went out to Emilio's Restaurnt which specializes in steaks and it was bloody fantastic ... A+++ food !!! After our massive meal we wandered about in this area fit for locals and far from the tourists and ended up at a bar called Buddha where we enjoyed some Sheesha ... I ordered watermelon flavour and it was delicious :p what a great night out to end a fantastically interesting day . It was well worth the trip to Gibraltar , I hope to help the guys at Kings Bastion Leisure Center start up an ice hockey program someday and it would be fantastic to go back  to play a game or teach some kids . If you guys from the rink are reading this please contact me if you have any questions or need any help and I will do my best for you guys ok . 

Let's get ice hockey going in Gibraltar ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment