Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Red Bull Salute Final



Last night was the big game , Farjestad ( Sweden) vs JYP (Finland) ! I was prepared to see a blood bath but instead was treated to a clinic on how to be a bad referee . 

I don't mean to take anything away from the tournament but what I saw was atrocious with moments where refs were behind goalies in the crease , linesmen keeping pucks in zone by not jumping out of way from clearing passes and unknown penalties like the 10 minute misconduct Wallin got with mere minutes left in a close game ! These calls all went against Farjestad :( they battled through adversity and kept it close but in the end the refs seemed to look as though they were doing everything in their power to help JYP win .

The atmosphere was pretty annoying too with some real stupid fans throwing paper planes , running to penalty box to yell at players , and just general annoyances  . Really if you wanna say something to the players get on the other side of the glass ! It's obvious these stupid people have never played the game as they showed no respect at all towards it !

It didn't help that an arena that holds close to 15,000 only had 3,500 fans ??? Apparently free tv kept the fans home ...wtf ! Anyways all in all I would do it again . As a true fan of the game seeing these events is what makes me happy . This was my second year coming to watch games from this tournament and it won't be the last . 

Congratulations to JYP on a fine performance . The 2-1 score was intense but at the end of it I really wonder if the score would have been different if there were some better referees . Just a suggestion for next year don't televise tournament for free and try to have the tournament somewhere non traditional like Spain Lol .... Just so I have an excuse to come . I haven't played there yet :) 

One last thing .... Why are you selling patches for the tournament for 10 Euros !!! Why ??? Really they are now worthless , will u just store them to sell next year saying 2013 and will u bother even shipping them to the next city OR should u have just sold me one at a discount/realistic price ? I have never paid more then  $5 for something like that and I am not about to begin now . 

Enough of my rant .... Time to pack and head south for my ice time ... Yes finally I can get on the ice with my gear here YAY !

No comments:

Post a Comment