Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Finally on Ice

Yesterday was quite the day . Woke up in Berlin and Rainer had to go get our rental car from this company called Sixt . He prepaid for it and was told he would not need a deposit for damages just in case. Then I get a message to come there with my credit card so I took a taxi which I got a nice tour in and it cost 18 euros ! When I got there they wanted my drivers license which I had and my passport ??? Yeah wasn't told and woman behind counter was not the friendliest person ... So we went back to apartment got my passport and headed back again .... When we arrived computer was down and it took 45 min to get our vehicle ... This after she asked for my address ? It's in my passport just read it dummy ! 

We were told our apartment had no renter for that day and cleaner was coming at 5 pm . Well that was not true ... Getting messages from Kathleen like the cleaner is here and new tenants arrived ! This was at 1 pm . When we arrive there is a woman at main entrance blocking door way with her baby carriage so I walked around and was in a rush as we were parked in handicap spot . People were in apartment with Kathleen . Got my stuff went downstairs and this woman was still blocking the exit and she was in no rush to move . Rainer came to door I handed him sticks and 1 fell over hitting the baby ... We made sure the baby was fine and she was . We left and said sorry .... Kathleen was smiling and this woman lost her mind and came out to the car yelling at her . I tried to calm her down but her attitude changed .... So I told her she was an idiot for standing in a doorway and she said she was there for a minute , I called her a liar and she wanted to take pictures of my license plate .... I offered to pose in the picture and she said its in case her baby has future problems ? I kindly told her do what you want it's a rental car and I live in Canada ;) no doubt she left angry telling me she hopes I have a bad day ...ahh the Christmas spirit .

7 hours of driving and we arrive in Aalen drop luggage and Kathleen at Rainers house and head off to Senden to play some puck ;) finally ... Ice time at 9 pm with Tussa Ice Eagles organized by Ralf Dreisettel ! I skated with these guys a few years back . The rink is kinda dark with crazy shadows on the ice. , I was wiped out but still managed to make a couple saves and help my side win in this friendly scrimmage . Most of the guys remembered me and this one fella Anton seems to be a big fan of my blog ;) we spoke for quite some time after while drinking beers and eating some meat , cheese and bread . These guys know how to have fun . Even on the ice these guys all had the utmost respect for each other and all in all are great sports . 

We were supposed to go to my favorite bar in Aalen after but we were wiped out instead opting for some sleep ... Today is Christmas Eve and I expect we will need the rest . 

Anyways another crazy day in the life of The Travelling Goalie . I should take a pre drinking nap now before I start celebrating Christmas in Germany :)

Merry Christmas everyone !

Ho!Ho!Ho ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment