Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Aalen to Birmingham



It was an early morning , had to wake Rainer up and get a ride to Stuttgart airport ... Most importantly we need coffee ! Off to the McDrive :) it's closed ! Next one should be open but it's not .. Keep on truckin ' and we arrive in Stuttgart and finally an open establishment with coffee ... had a couple mcmuffins too , yeah I know it's been awhile since I've spent money at this place ... Whatever it sure beats plane food ! 

We had tickets in hand with a light security check and we were off to Paris :( my gear was lost there last time so u can imagine how much I love it there . It's ok this time they have no baggage to "misplace" bunch of morons LOL . And on the bright side we are going to watch Aston Villa . 

Before I go on let me tell you how shitty air France is ! There stewardess' are as polite as human feces .... The snack was trash and yeah I am starting to think that I will try to avoid their airline in future excursions . This was not my fav part of the day ... 

When we landed Karl McNelly met us at the gate and we headed to drop our bags at the Novotel then rushed to Villa Park to meet Paul Harris ! He got us into the Lions Lounge where it's absolutely amazing . Saw pictures of some of my American Villa mates on the walls ... We should have a picture of Canadian Villans there too ( hope the guys back home are reading this ) ... Game on ! Vs. Crystal Palace , we should beat them .... Shite , we lost ! 1-0 with a last minute goal . I was gutted :( this was definitely a day of highs and lows .

We went back to the Lions Lounge to drown our sorrows and then I heard some fans getting rowdy ... Paul told me it was the Belgian Lions ;) we went over and immediately became friends . Tommy is the chairman , this guy is a riot ... Pretty much the Belgian Rainer , so we got on well and then they tell us about this Belgian vodka we have to try ... Ok ! So off to their hotel to get drunk ;) and we had our tasting . Cosmik Vodka was quite nice . Gonna have to bring back a bottle if I can . As I said this day was all highs and lows ... Next thing u know my mother wrote to me saying the family dog passed away :( poor little Sheena ... I was torn apart , fighting the tears I had to leave ! Not exactly the news I wanted to hear .... 

On th bright side I finally had a decent nights sleep and I am ready for a day of shopping and visiting my aunt ! First things first ... I need bacon ! 

4 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you! Greetings from a noisy Belgian Lion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Belgian lions ! U guys are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I'm the producer of the COSMIK Vodka =) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to drink some Cosmik vodka again some day , your product is very tasty ;)

    ReplyDelete