Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas in Germany


Yesterday was Christmas and we woke up at a decent hour :) worked the hangover that was chasing me around off by going to eat . Unfortunately everything was closed aside from my favorite kebab shop ... It was a good omen that I got to show Kathleen this great food I have been raging about for years . It's right next to the Irish Pub. :) we had the kebab platters which wa shaved chicken , fries and salad ... It's a huge meal and we were all stuffed and happy . 

Rainers brother Gerd is married to a Mexican woman named Pilar they invited us to go skating so we accepted and went to work off the humongous meal :) the ice is smaller then when i was last there and it was full of pleasure skaters . As soon as I got on ice I saw a young boy fall on his face and I knew immediately that he needed help ! I grabbed him and took him off the ice , the poor kid split his face open ... I was concerned ... Not sure what happened if an ambulance came or not but he definitely needed stitches . I hope this doesn't stop him from learning to skate in the future :( 

We skated for an hour then went to have a quick shower at Rainers ... I was schweaty :) when I left Rainers I slipped and fell ... Yeah lucky me eh ? Sprained my ankle and hurt my knee and arm but I am sure beer will cure it so we continue on to the bar ...Rambazamba . Great little bar with amazing service :) 

We weren't about to get too hammered due to our early flight to Birmingham today . After we went by to have a couple pints at Cobans as we saw him at the ice rink an he told Rainer we should pop by for one more :) as I said we didn't stay long and turned in early but at least I got to say by to Servet ... Thanks again to Rainer and his family for treating us like their own it was more then a pleasure. To spend the holidays with you all ... Hope to see u all on my next European adventure ... As I told Rainer this morning , all roads through Europe go through Aalen and I am positive that I will be back again .... Danke ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment