Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Trying to Play Catchup


This was my last day in Benalmadena ... It was quite the subdued day as we relaxed and watched Hateful Eight which was a solid movie ! It was so long we watched in 2 parts lol and in between we decided to do our laundry and go for some Italian food for lunch on the boardwalk which is seaside . Last time I ate around here I had an awful steak that tasted like fish :( yuck ! So pasta can't go wrong , I picked something that even a baby couldn't mess up and ordered spaghetti bolognese ... Our server was less then interested to serve us :( when he approached his first words were "what do you want " not hi or ola or how are you ???? No introduction or anything , regardless we had to flag him down if we wanted anything ... Mamma Gina's definitely needs some new wait staff as I see all the lovely comments about them on trip advisor . We didn't even tip the bastard actually we thought gratuity was added but in fact that was taxes being shown lol ... Regardless he didn't deserve a tip anyway ;) 

After that we went back to watch the remainder of Hateful Eight then decided on dinner at Toro as Emilio's was ok but we wanted something different . So we walked over to the marina and it was closed :( but there was an Argentinian grill open so we ate there .... Yeah we didn't do much aside from watching movies and eating . I had a lomo , fantastic ! At the moment I can't remember the name of the place but it was fantastic ;) great portions and there wasn't a single complaint from our table  in fact it was quite the nice meal all around . We then walked back and started to watch the British gangster flick called Legends which is about the notorious Cray Brothers from London ... Another great flick ... Too bad I missed the ending due to the drama I am dealing with back home .... 

My Ghetto Blasters play in a weekend league called the Downtown Men's Hockey  League or DMHL for short . Before I left I got our schedule contacted league to make sure it's set in stone then got a goalie to replace me while I'm gone .seems pretty simple as I have covered all angles right ? Nope the league without any notice switched our game this week for this weekend . I'm travelling on vacation and really I shouldn't be dealing with this but I have no choice . The league offers to contact my team for me and I said no so they did anyway but not only did they contact my team when I asked not to but they blamed the time change on me ???? No joke ! The email the league sent my players basically stated they changed this over 2 weeks ago ???? Wow what a blatant lie ! Ok so now who is running this team ? If you had to guess ??? I mean I am not running it , my team mates don't understand that this day , rink and time change screws a few of our players ... Not all of them but enough that I have to fight for this ice time back which now has magically disappeared ... Sounds fishy ? I can smell the rot from here !!! So the league keeps lying to me and my team mates and at the moment there are 2 things that can happen A) my team forfeits , I laugh hard at the league and fight to get game replaced or B) the guys show up and I relinquish the team and the league can run it since they already are at the moment ? Does this sound like the kind of bullshit you would want to dealing on your holiday ? So for that I would like to say fuck you Rick Borg , fuck your stupid league and we will no longer give a shit about our weekend squad .... This will be our last season participating in your bullshit league . I really hope the league reads this as I feel that the league lying and flat out ignoring my requests is simply bad business ... I hope my team forfeits . This way you can tell the opposing team some more fucking lies ! Keep covering your ass Rick with lies . Great idea . Don't take the blame yourself for fucking everything up , that would be stupid to blame yourself and be a man about it . The DMHL can suck it .... Rant over . 

So this shit consumed my last day in Benalmadena and has carried over into Portugal .... It's not easy to have fun with this stressful bullshit on your mind is it . Anyway I'm probably going to quit playing weekends and will let the league run the team . I'm so turned off by all of this ... This is the politics of hockey that no one likes :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment