Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Boludos


When I left Andorra la Vella I ran into a strange circumstance at the check out in the hotel I stayed at (Tulip Inn Andorra Delfos Hotel) ... Usually it's pretty standard that you hand back keys they say thank you and you leave right ? I mean I've stayed at enough hotels around the 5 continents I've travelled to and that is pretty much the norm ! Well this hotel had other plans , you ask what ? Well ... the rude older guy at the desk asked me for my booking voucher , I said sorry I don't print out stuff and he got upset and said how are we supposed to charge you ? Wtf ? Umm yeah I was speechless and cobfused . How is this possible . I said I booked through rocketmiles and he said I must print out voucher and give it to we him ! Kathleen said well we aren't travelling with a printer and we have to catch our bus . The guy got more upset as if we were his employees ?!?!? He then said how we checked in ? Ummm you have my name on file and I guess I have an email . By this point I was getting angry ... He told me to email it to him and I said listen this is weird , he said why ? I said this never happens and I travel a lot , he retorted that he has been in this business for 30 years ... Ok now listen up , I don't work for you ! I paid to be here and I have to leave . He uttered some shit in Spanish or Catalan and tried to give me the email address to send this to then and I said listen this is not my problem ,I'm on my holiday this is your job ! Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before ? Honestly I am still confused ... 


Ok that was that , we left and the only email I will send will include this blog post lol ! Hope the old bastard learns not to treat guests like animals , you would figure his 30 years experience would have taught him that I am a paying guest ! We took a taxi and got to our bus on time to head to Barcelona . Shitty way to end our stay in Andorra ... Highly suggest nobody goes to this overpriced 2 star hotel at best lol . Good thing I was meeting up with my hockey buddy from Argentina who I met years ago in Toronto then me in Argentina and now meeting in Barcelona ;) things get better as I need a drink . We met Pablo Diaz at a tapas bar called Bilbao Berria had a quick beer and realized it was a bit pricey so we decided to wander and found out about this bar called Milans Bar which was fantastic ! The bar man was super cool ;p , it was his first day and we ended up chatting quite a bit . Thanks for hooking us up Ivan ! Beers are €1.50 and I had quite a few lol . Sometimes when I drink I become Mr. Social and this was one of those times as my good side came out , or at least i thought so hahaha ! 


Not really sure why we left but we did and honestly all this good cheer made me forget about the crazy check out . We hiked over to Pablo's place to meet his girlfriend Camillia and his room mate Ugo , hope I'm spelling names properly (?) . Camillia is a fashion designer and Ugo is a music composer so you can only imagine that when I showed up all lit up and ready to entertain that we would have some fun :) 


We had pizza and more beers ! And I'm sure I probably did a dance or two for them then we had to leave and of course this is Barcelona so I put the address in on my google maps and used the gps . For those of you lost in other countries this is a little trick ok , with or without internet your phone always has its GPS on ! So when you put in an address and map it out your GPS will follow it , even as a drunk I can make this work so any of you can too hahahaha ! Just don't let it close and you will be fine, trust me . Wish I knew this in Novi Sad last year :0


It was my only night in Barcelona but hooking up with Pablo was well worth the stop over ! He is still the same old boludo :p next day I have to fly back to Birmingham ... My second home . 




No comments:

Post a Comment