Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Flight Home ...


Another early flight but not too early ... yet early enough to have me waking up at 5:30 am :( basically jumped into the shower and kissed Kathleen good bye as she doesn't fly back for another couple days and she doesn't have to get up ... which she didn't ! So its off into the sunrise i guess as i headed down to the lobby i called an Uber which i am hesitant to do thanks to their amazing service here in Birmingham ( remember the bastards left me road side yelling at my car as he stormed by and still billed me 3.50 pounds !) regardless my funds are low and i rather use my credit card and at the cheapest rate possible . Taxi will not charge so little will they , and they won't learn to lower their prices so Uber it is :( 

The reason i have decided to take this flight to Newark , USA which i hate flying through the States because they are overly suspicious of everyone . Oh yeah sorry the reason is to find this bottle of Bombay Amber Gin i found there a few months ago for Kathleen to bring her home . Good idea yeah ? i thought so ... well when i tried to check in online with United Airlines it wouldn't let me . So when i got to their lineup to get to their counter i was read the riot act and asked 20 questions ... this is before i even reached the friggin counter !!! OK so i get to the counter and I'm telling ya , out of all the airlines i have dealt with on this trip these guys are the cheapest bastards ! As soon as my bag went on the scale ... you realize you are overweight ? Yes ! If you can take some weight off we might not have to charge you ... OK ... as usual i have a bag already packed into the bag with stuff i can carry on board . That's great as now i have to carry an extra bag onto the flight . The question i have is ... so what is the bloody difference if i carry it onto the plane or if the baggage handler does ???? its on the same plane , same weight and everything ! how bloody ridiculous is this United ???? Is it that big of a deal , really ? 

I had more questions asked at the counter then i did going through security LOL ! Once i get through i go through my usual routine in BHX ... grabbed a burger at Burger King and sat myself down to write a blog while i waited for my boarding time ... Once boarding began i got into the next area first and got in the prime spot to be one of the first people on the plane . Nothing worse then being one of the last on and finding that all the overhead bins are full . I heard so many people coming on at the end of boarding bitching , i laugh at these idiots ! HAHAHAHA ! At this time i start thinking about the pain i might be in with my ears popping so much lately on the last few flights i was on ... i cringe at the thought . 

When i arrive in Newark it seems a bit different there :( usually i have to take a bus from one terminal to the other but now they have their train link working which is better because it saves so much time . Of course in the USA you have to collect your luggage and clear customs then put your bags back in then clear customs and security again . Yes it seems like quite a bit since i have just got off a plane and had really no time to do anything aside from clear security check points ... its honestly good they are doing their best to secure their country but maybe they are overdoing it a bit , don't you think ? Ah well hopefully that bottle is around ? And i should be positive in saying that my ears did not pop for some reason so all is good ! When i arrive at my terminal i go to find the little duty free kiosk and its not there ??? OK WTF ! i asked someone and they said its not there anymore and i would have to clear security to get it ... well that's great ? Now i don't have the time to do that and it looks like i just flew here for absolutely no reason at all :( I'm disappointed but then again it was a risk i took right . Things aren't exactly going my way today and it was not gonna get better ...

When i boarded my Air Canada flight to Toronto it was not full and when i booked my seat i had my window with no one beside me . When i got onto the plane there was a guy sitting in the seat beside me ? so maybe the plane is full ? When we were about to take off i realized there were 3 empty rows beside us , so you would think the guy in the aisle seat would move right ??? wrong !!! the bastard just sits there as i cough , sneeze and look like a bag of shit this guy just didn't want to move ... i already started my movie and didn't want to move either so this is when the battle for the middle arm rest began ... it was a silent battle that i won !!! i took it over and fully positioned my arm there as i felt the man trying to nudge my arm but i wouldn't budge .... in my head i kept saying "just f#cking move! " but he wouldn't and i could tell he was getting upset as he started to tap his feet .... why wouldn't this guy move ??? OK screw him i am gonna take up more leg room too :) yeah i know i can be a real prick but what do i have to do to get this idiot to move to one of the empty friggin rows ? do i have to climb over him and let him win ??? NO ! NOT A CHANCE ! I'm just as stubborn as the next guy but I'm also enough of a bastard to assure his flight would be shit hahaha ! Honestly when we were getting off the plane the only thing i could think was that i hope he catches this cold i have and i hope he enjoys his stay in Toronto with it ... yeah if you are the little American shit eater that sat next to me on this flight i hope you are sick as a dog by now :) regardless , he annoyed me and I'm sure he was wishing death upon me . Whatever hahaha ! 

Cleared security , got in a taxi and got my ass home ... when i arrived i found a note to go pick up a package at the post office ... i know its my Macedonian National Team jersey so i run over to grab it and that made my day ! This travel thing is not as easy as it should be with so many idiots on this planet ... but i get by . If you are ever the guy in the aisle seat that realizes there are empty rows , do everyone a favour and friggin move ... that is the moral of this story . And so ends my trip , already working on the next one so stay tuned . 

No comments:

Post a Comment