Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

What To Pack

Here we go ! I take off in 4 days and now i have to start thinking about what to stuff in my backpack for the 3 week trip . As you all know i will be touching down in Germany , South Africa and Spain ... the main portion of the trip is in South Africa where it is winter at this time , and yes believe it or not the temperature drops to below 0 . No joke . I mentioned it to a couple people and they were shocked , really i don't know why as i am pretty sure most people took geography and most people know it is winter in Australia during our summer ... SO why don't they figure that other southern continents are in the same position ? i don't know lol ... regardless after the winter in South Africa i will be in the piss hot Spanish weather so my zip off pants/shorts are a must . 2 pairs of those will travel with me along with all the underwear and socks i can muster up .

Gonna have to bring a hoodie which will be my Villa hoodie as it is thick and with that i won't need a jacket :) from what i see there is no rain but i will still pack a small rain jacket just in case . The main thing i really think about is t-shirts ... i have a cool collection of tshirts from hockey teams around the world , which ones to bring ? Also probably only gonna bring 4 or 5 and buy a few on the road . If any of you South African clubs are reading this be prepared ! I want your tshirts and shwag :P You are probably wondering how i live off 4 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts for 3 weeks ... its called doing laundry ! I am notorious for my laundry/shower , saves a lot of time hahaha! Usually i give 'em a good wash at one of the hotels i stop at or if i get near someone with a laundry machine .

The bottom line is travelling minimal is the best , i mean this is coming from a guy who is dragging a goalie bag around the world LOL . The minimal part just counts for my carry on luggage which is my only luggage technically . Enough talking about this , i should probably start my pre packing ... as i will take the bag apart after packing it and i will remove things ... who knows maybe i will just leave here with an empty bag this time . probably not ...

No comments:

Post a Comment