Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Reise Bank

This is absolutely insane ! I just was flat out ripped off by this bank at the airport . I purchased /exchanged Canadian dollars for South African Rands ... I am not exactly with it right now as I am dead beat tired and really I wish I didn't bother exchanging cash .

The bank exchanged $1000 for 600€ which if you look online is not off by much .... I check xe.com usually but for some reason went on blind faith and got scammed hard . $1000 cdn is roughly 680€ I got 600€ then they changed to Rands and I got 7200 ... If you check online $1000 Canadian dollars gets you about 9800 Rands so there is about 2600 Rands missing ??? That is about the equivalent of $250 . So apparently Reis Bank made that much off my 1 transaction !?!?? Highway robbery right ? 

I went to the counter to try to get charges reversed and was told I was too late ??? If I did it in 15 min it was possible but after that it isn't ... How am I supposed to know that you ask ? Well if I knew German I would have seen that it says that on the receipt ... So because I don't understand German I am shit out of luck . 

So the guy at kiosk couldn't help me . He gave me a number to call the office LOL ... The person at office said it's my own fault and that if I want they can buy the rands back from me , here is the kicker .... Remember 600 € got me 7200 rands well they offered to give me 405€ In exchange ! Yeah they tried making more off of me . UNBELIEVABLE ... So I asked the person on the phone if they were ok knowing they are robbing people ... Wanna know the answer ? They don't care and they don't mind robbing people . Yup I heard it they said it and I can't believe it .... So at the end of it all I lost over $250  . 

Thank you Reise Bank . You thieving bastards ! Lesson learned ... In future exchange cash at bank machine and pay the $5 exchange rate from my bank as it's much cheaper then $250 :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment