Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Plans Change

My flights were booked last Friday with an online booking agent called Cheapoair , they are horrible . Yeah i know they do have some cheap flights but check this out ... i have booked with them before and have never really had any problems but this was weird . After i booked my flight i received emails telling me that they have been trying to contact me even though my phone wasn't ringing and in the email it said to call a certain number which i did ... it was not working ?!?! OK .... couple days pass and i get an email that my flights were cancelled . Now that is some messed up shit right ?

Obviously i called and asked what the heck is going on and Cheapoair claimed that the credit card i used was not responding so they had to cancel my flight ?!?!?! so we called the credit card company and they said they would have it on file if Cheapoair had contacted them and as far as they knew they didn't ... getting weird ? So i called them back and told them and next thing you know my flight was re-instated without my permission ... i mean you cancel my flight because my credit card doesn't confirm and then without my confirmation you go ahead and charge my card again .... now hold on , if you ask me i would say that is crazy ! How can they charge my card for something i have not confirmed ? Strange as it seems i did not want all those flights any more ... i wanted to drop the Cape Town part of my trip so i argued it and Cheapoair wanted to charge me extra for changing a booking i did not make . Remember they re booked it after cancelling it for no reason at all ... and were pretty much just lying to me . They never have admitted to being at fault to this day !

So as i said i didn't want to go to Cape Town as they don't have any ice available for some strange reason and i am not interested in spending a bunch of cash to go to some city with no hockey involved on a hockey trip LOL ! After yelling at Cheapoair for a few hours i got Kathleen to call them and they lied to her to but told her we can contact the airline to cancel ...so i did . Luckily all my flights are through Lufthansa , they said they can't just outright cancel it but what they can do is cancel it when i land in Munich ... i guess they want to make sure i am using the flights and not just cancelling for money reasons . They told me they don't allow travel agents to do this or they would do it all the time . So if you have a leg of a trip where you are flying with a specific airline you can rearrange your trip after you complete your first flight . Yeah its weird they should be happy to just cancel the flight and resell it which means selling the seat twice ... doubling profit on one seat ! You would think Cheapoair would want to do that to but all they want is to keep sticking to their lies and making more money ... they are not there to be customer friendly as i was yelled at by an agent there who would not listen to my complaints .

From now on i am going back to using Expedia to book my flights as Cheapoair is just one horrible group to deal with that really does not care about what they do or how they treat their customers . I still can't believe that they took it upon their own will to book my flight without my confirmation ... if you want to deal with some crazy stuff like this then go ahead and book with them but just remember when you have something to complain about don't bother calling them ... they will just lie to you and ask for more money :(

When i land in Munich on the 26th my first stop will be the Lufthansa booth , at least they are willing to help ... thanks Lufthansa :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment