Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Anyone wanna hang out in Munich ?

10 more days and i head out on my next adventure ... this one is a bit different as i am spending a bit of time in South Africa instead of my usual  bouncing around , no i won't be in 6 countries in 3 weeks ... just South Africa and Spain . But before all that starts i am heading to Germany ! There are no direct flights and at a reasonable price all the flights i found had these 11 hour layovers .... i had a choice between Turkey and Germany ... Turkey i would have needed to get a visa to leave the airport so i opted for Germany . At first the option was for Frankfurt but then Munich popped up on my screen :) . I figured Munich would be a great place to meet up with some friends have a couple pints of German beer and head back to the airport .

Here is what i think might be a problem ... this is a week day ! Landing on Thursday June 26 in the morning i am going to have to switch my flights when i get there to make sure my baggage ends up in the right city . Who knows how long that takes but i do know i land at 10:05 am and my flight to Johannesburg leaves at 9:05 pm which is 11 hours after .... i have to be at the airport by 6ish so in all reality i have about 6 or 7 hours to enjoy with whoever can or wants to meet up with me :) that is more then enough to go out and eat , almost thinking a shower would be amazing with another marathon flight ahead . I won't arrive in South Africa until 7:35 am the next day .... yes i leave on a Wednesday and arrive on a Friday . its not gonna be an easy trip especially if i don't get a shower in between flights .... sorry Gary i met smell pretty rank when i arrive there LOL .

Anyways ... if you are reading this and you are one of my crazy Bavarian friends that wants to meet up and drink a bit then let me know ! I won't be there for long :P and no i won't be playing hockey , hopefully won't have my bag .... maybe i should call the airline .... again ....

2 comments:

  1. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    hen do london & hen night london

    ReplyDelete
  2. James i am always happy to help anyone with advice when it comes to travelling and playing hockey :) glad you enjoy my mishaps LOL

    ReplyDelete