Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Tired and Cranky



After being ripped off by the Reise Bank I was kinda pissed off and tired which is a deadly combination ... I wandered the airport killing more time and basically I was a hornets nest ready to attack ... Not good ! 

The Germans were playing their World Cup match and I figured watching it in Germany would be an event . Unfortunately there was only 1 tv in a bar showing it . The bar had 2 tv' and the other was showing a motor cycle race and volume was off ... Kinda odd but I still battled to stay awake while I enjoyed a Paulaner bier . I had to leave at half time as I could not keep my eyes open and didn't want to pass out with my bags unwatched . I won't pass out walking so I walked and walked and then got to my gate . 

I won't book a flight like this again ! 11 hours to kill in an airport is a tough task . I mean at least I got my schnitzel and my German beer but I also got ripped off as I thought changing money would help pass the time .... Please don't do what I did . Change money in country and just use a proper bank ! It's so much cheaper .

I have to thank Paolo del Grosso for making sure I didn't lose my gear . Thanks buddy I owe you some beer if we ever meet again ! 

Back to my super bitchy day :( yeah I got to the counter and had to get my ticket printed . The guy behind the desk seemed to know me better then I know myself and decided to book my an aisle seat in middle row ... I had an exit row window booked and didn't want to argue with him since he knew me better then I did so when I got on plane I tried getting my seat back .... What a stink ! They made it out to be a critical situation wanted to call this guy onto plane to argue with me and I just gave in .... Really as a paying customer I don't want to deal with this shit . I'm tired hungry and pissed off already  ... So I told them forget it and they told me I started too much commotion . This is how you get treated these days ! This is customer service ? Anyways I kept my cool as I really believed they wanted to kick me off the plane :p 

Let's just say I didn't make any friends , kept my mouth shut and just made sure to stay in the plane . I did the right thing but I kinda want to file a complaint anyway ... Remember the good old days when the customer was always right ? Those days are DEAD !!!! 

Enough of my bitching lol ! The flight was actually petty good ! Food was amazing probably best I have had on a flight . The crew was nice enough and dealt with me appropriately . The guy that changed my seat was a Lufthansa employee but I was flying South African Airways . They don't know it but they get 2 thumbs up ! 

I slept a bunch and arrived in Johannesburg , my bags were all there and then I met the beast of a man ... Gary Bock ! He makes me look like a small child standing beside him :) I got my gear loaded in his car and we were off for breakfast ! 

After breakfast I was dropped off at my hotel which is amazing ! Had a shower (finally) then passed out .... This is real time now kinda like Jack Bauer lol ! I am sitting in Nelson Mandela Square at the Hard Rock Cafe drinking beer by myself now writing this as I hear people speaking Afrikaans trying to understand to no avail . 

I should be meeting Gary in a few hours for dinner and drinks . Tomorrow I will be going with Gary and his rugby club on a 3 hour bus ride to watch them kick some ass !!!! Apparently they are planning to get me totally wasted so it should be quite the event .... I'm excited ! 

I should get back to my hotel and rest up a bit but I am enjoying this South African beer called Castle ... I think it's called castle . Whatever :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment