Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Rugby Player Kissed Me ?!?!?


My first night here was tough . Jet lag kicked in and I couldn't sleep yet I had to be up and ready in lobby for 730 am ... I fell asleep around 4 am after watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on the tv here . When my alarm went off I didn't want to get out of bed but I had to meet Gary . I was a guest if his Rugby club , the Springs . They had a game in another city so I was joining them ;)



When we got to the rugby club I had a beer met a few of the lads then got on the team bus which was probably a model from 1940 or something lol . We all piled in and started our trek to Orkney . On the bus I had a few beers alone as the team was getting prepared to battle . It was a 3.5 hour drive and along the ride I ended up eating some Impala ( rooibok) it was really good ! Honestly I will try it again . The fellow that gave me the sausage to try actually hunted it himself and showed me a picture of the animal . Then I took a nap ... Damn jet lag ! 


When I woke up we were just pulling into the stadium parking lot. ... This place was in the middle of nowhere . First thing I looked for was the bar ;) grabbed a beer and joined the Springs in the stand. . The second team played first . Gary is the captain :) the guys were calling him captain courageous ! I met up with a fellow named Cornelius whose brother is on the team and we started drinking together exchanging beers . I have the next round ;) 

This was my first time watching rugby live and it was great ... Then it got better when a brawl started WOO !! It was awesome hehehehe .... Unfortunately the ref had lost control of the game and it got out of hand so a bunch of red cards were handed out then the game was cancelled but we won . 

Before the game the teams make a tunnel for players to enter so I was taken onto field to join them which was pretty cool . The first team took to the field and wow they smashed the other club ! I think the final was like 35-5 or something ? I was pretty wasted lol . And now the party starts.  We all got to the bus and everyone was excited . 


On the bus nobody sat down we all partied with guys playing guitars singing and drinking it was really awesome . Everyone was calling me the Canadian  ... Hey Canadian ! Drink some brandy Yay! I almost barfed as I chugged brandy straight from the bottle . Next thing you know we are back at their rugby club still drinking and celebrating . 

Just before I left 1 of the guys wanted a picture with me so we posed he grabbed my face and kissed me ... His tongue was in my mouth !!!! Wtf . Apparently he is a repeat offender and it seemed ok and totally hilarious as I stood there in utter shock . I guess it was a friendly way to say good bye and it was more then fitting to end my visit with these guys . I can check that off my bucket list now .... Get rugby dude to shove his tongue in my mouth ... Check :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment