Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

There is a first for everything


Have you ever missed a flight ? I never have until today ... I mentioned in my last post that we tried to be responsible by getting to bed early enough which we didn’t but we both set our alarms which we never heard so when I rolled over around 9:30 this morning and looked at my watch the first thing I said was holy fuck we are gonna miss our flight !!! Our flight was at 11:10 am and there was no way in hell we were getting there on time so the first thing I did was to switch the flights on my Expedia app and within minutes I had rebooked and only paid $80 for my error and like I said yesterday I just can’t help but throw money away on this trip so far . It’s getting out of hand .... Andi had to throw his clothes on and run down to the Turkish airlines booking agent to switch his flight also . This is the second time I’ve had to switch flights for this very same day and Andi has done it three times now ... the cost of our mistakes have cost more then the actual flights and I can still laugh about it now 😝

Now my flight to Israel is later and I have to take a shower and get ready so I went to my bag and everything was soaked ??? What the heck happened to my bag ? I have shirts that are fully wet like they came out of the washing machine . I had to think about it for a bit .... there is an empty bottle on the table maybe I dropped it , or here is the crazy and more likely outcome .... hold on .... I think I pissed in my bag ! I’m not confirming this but I can’t see any other reason for my stuff to be so wet . Yes you can laugh at me , shit happens ... well thankfully it wasn’t shit lol 😂 I’m drying out my stuff now in my room with the hopes that it’s not what I think it is . Talk about taking the piss eh . 

Still confused I jumped in the shower and had a shave before packing up my bag and we stayed in our room until we had to leave at noon and then we got a taxi to the airport with no issues what so ever . At the airport we have to clear security to enter then we go to check in and same shit as usual about our bags and sticks , they always want us to pay but I spoke to the manager and he asked what is in our bags and we said hockey sticks and he gave us the green light but the woman behind the counter wanted to charge me for overweight and I pulled the bag out of the bag trick where I have gear packed in a bag to carry on and she looked defeated and said we were free to go without any charges . Funny how I know more rules then the people actually working the counters ! Andi was in need of a beer and I can’t drink because I have to drive in Israel so we went to grab a bite and a drink and the waiter messed up our bill when we went to pay and this guy needed some serious breath mints , it made me gag a bit 🤢

We reached our third security check when we arrived to get on the flight to Israel and it seems like this was the only flight that needed extra security for some reason . Well I think we all know why but it’s still a bit much ... we were in a good mood talking to security and we had no problems . When we got on the plane we had first row seats and the flights had no entertainment and we kinda just chilled for the hour and a half flight which was not bad at all aside from the crying baby which didn’t cry too much but those little spurts were piercing for my hungover ears . When we arrived in Israel we had absolutely no issues with security and were quite surprised at how easy it was to get in here . It’s a holiday here now so a lot of things are closed which we realized when looking for a SIM card which is the second thing I usually do after taking money out of an atm . So no sim and hopefully there is wifi in my room . We grabbed our rental car which was a bit of bullshit as they put a $1000 dollar holding charge on my card and forced me to purchase their insurance which is an additional $12 a day and blah blah blah ... when I get home I have yet another issue to deal with I guess since I am insured through booking with my credit card . I really hate these hidden charges and EuropCar should let their customers know what they are paying for when booking . 


Got in the car , packed our bags in and hit the road to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv which is about an hour drive , the roads were absolutely empty and believe me when I say that it’s like a ghost town which I’m very happy for as we try navigating our way around with Andi’s phone which he had to open in order for us to have some navigation . We made it safely to our hotel which is a bit different then what’s advertised on Expedia .... it says that there is free parking and laundry and wifi and tv in the room and well there isn’t ! We found out when arriving we can park around the corner in a parking lot for 20 shekels ... but it’s 20 overnight , 20 for the next day and 20 for the night after so it’s 40 per day but we figured out to pay 60 to the group of young guys standing there guarding the shady parking lot and went to our hotel which is called Hotel Azzahra . Don’t get me wrong this place is pretty good and the staff here are very friendly and helpful , the wifi is down but should be working tomorrow which sucks since their tv’s are not working also because of the same issue but the guys in the restaurant got us online until they closed . When I went to pay the guy at the front desk asked what was wrong with my check in ? I said why ? Apparently Expedia sent the hotel manager a message saying I was not happy ... I told him that honestly I’m disappointed that Expedia says they have free parking and laundry here when there isn’t but I never even opened this email or responded to Expedia which is quite disappointing that a company would put their customers in such an awkward position by ratting me out like that ! Both myself and Andi think the phone some how heard me ranting and sent the message or something crazy which makes no sense but neither does most of the shit going on since I’ve left Toronto . 

We had a nice Palestinian meal with chicken and onions which I couldn’t finish and then we had a sheesha before calling it a night . Looks like we picked a good location as we are walking distance to some historic sites here and tomorrow should be a good day to go exploring . The staff at the hotel gave us a ton of advice and we are happy to try everything they are suggesting like walking to the Rock Dome in the morning . It’s time to go to bed now as I’m writing this and can’t post it anyways ... it’s so crazy that I’ve had all these firsts happening on this trip like first time I’ve had a trip cancelled on me and the first time I’ve missed a flight and now hopefully in a few days it will be the first time I play hockey in Israel 🇮🇱 . As I’m finishing this off Andi is hanging his bag up so I don’t piss in it tonight 🤦‍♂️







No comments:

Post a Comment