Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Tel Aviv


First things first ... we have this nice patio outside at the Travel Hotel that has the sun shining down on it and is the perfect place to dry out my gear which is still soaked beyond belief . We had to check out at 11 but were in no rush to leave for our 2.5 hour drive to Tel Aviv from Metulla and while we chilled in the sun Shakes popped by to say good bye and yeah that was a bit hard 😢 I can assure all of you that know Shakes back home , that he is living a good life and has a great family and hockey community here in Israel . He’s living his dream and for that I am so happy I got to come spend time with him but so sad to say bye ..... hope to see you soon brother ! 


We walked but the pizza joint and went to the market that we drank beer at the last couple days and the shop owner who is such a friendly guy said bye to us as we stocked up on road snacks and drinks .... I actually found this pineapple sprite drink that I bought and that was really yummy but not part of my diet once I get back home .... I’m getting fat here eating and drinking too much and will have to get back on the keto diet when I’m home . Time to load up the old Citroen that we rented and hit the road ! The drive was nice and chill as we had figured out to get google maps on my phone hooked up to the car and play YouTube videos through it for music when we were on our way here (Metulla) so now we did this for the whole ride back ... I’m driving and I enjoy listening to some tunes while driving . Honestly the drive was pretty easy and we had absolutely zero issues until we arrived in Tel Aviv ...


When we got into Tel Aviv traffic was a bit crazy in the sense that there are motorized scooters , bicyclists and pedestrians walking every which way as I try to navigate myself through the streets . Some of the idiots on the scooters honestly don’t even bother following any rules and I can only assume that there are daily deaths on these roads based on the lack of knowledge for the rules , seemed to me that most of them were privileged millennials but that’s another story . Finally we found our way to the Center Chic Hotel where we found a parking spot right in front of but were told that is a loading zone spot and we can’t stay but there is a parking garage next door where the mall is located . After driving around the block a few times trying to find the entrance we finally got a spot which was lucky #13 and walked back to our hotel and but the time we got back there was another car in the same spot (that car is still parked there ) the staff at this hotel are kinda douchey and not helpful one bit and I can honestly say I wouldn’t stay here again even though our room has a balcony to dry my gear which is a bonus but the view is some run down building that I can only guess has some junkie living in it . 


We came here to check out the nigh life and we are staying directly at Dizengof Square which is filled with bars and restaurants so we wandered into the night and ended up in the first bar because I heard them playing hip hop ... that bar sucked and I just had a gin and tonic which was good but the weird thing was how the server brought us our bill . Andi paid with his card , the guy didn’t bring a machine over but instead asked Andi how much he wants to tip him ?!?!? Like cmon what the fuck ! Are you trying to make us feel uncomfortable ? Do you feel as though it’s your right for me to tip you ? Gwan fuck yaself ! Andi gave him 10% and we left in a bit of a huff ... that was so not cool . Next bar was a wine bar so let’s get a bottle , then another bottle 🤪 while we sat there we looked for other options like a karaoke bar or a sports bar to watch the NHL game being played in Czech Rep . I found a bar called Mikes and called them and they were not showing it and we went there anyway and when we arrived we got another bottle of wine . We met a couple sitting beside us that were really friendly and joined their table and talked for a bit before calling it a night . We were out near the beach at this point and began wandering back to our room ....


When we got back to the square we realized that this bar next door was pretty busy so we went for one more beer 🍺 and soon after the bar began to clear out and we stumbled back to our room ... I’m hoping to get some tourist shit in tomorrow and get a good sleep in . Let’s see if those two ideas mix 😆









No comments:

Post a Comment