Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Thanks Uber


Yesterday was quite the day ! Aston Villa played West Ham and it was basically a reunion with all my villa mates starting in the morning meeting up with Aideen Quinn . She flew in from Ireland in the morning and we met up with her to go out to Villa Park .... Unfortunately the train was not running so she had to take a bus from the airport which took longer then it should have so in the mean time Kathleen and myself headed out for a coffee and ended up at Second Cup which is a Canadian company that just recently moved over here ... It's pretty much the same :) 

When we finally met Aideen we jumped into an uber (!) and made our way to the park . I had to go to the ticket collection booth to get my tickets for Norwich which is tomorrow as they can't print up tickets for away games because it's not technically Villa's tickets to be printing up which totally makes sense . After that I headed to the Lions Lounge and that is when I started drinking hehehe ! I kinda felt bad for Kathleen because I didn't spend time with her there as I was saying hi to fellow Villans from all around the world that I know like Richard Pilkington from Spain and Steve Mat from Belgium then all the locals from the Kiddy Lions like Paul Harris , Elvis , Ben Mitchell and who could forget Pete Aston :) I think all these guys bought me beers too lol . What a great time it is seeing all these amazing people ... Honestly I am truly lucky to know all these people because they are like family to me !!! My Villa family ! 


After all the pre match drinks we all dispersed out to our seats . I sat with Kathleen and Aideen in the Upper Holte which is always a great place to sit and we saw a pretty good game if you ask me . Villa pulled up their socks and gave it their all and came out of it with a point which is not all too bad but we did really need the 3 ... After the game we all headed back to the Lions Lounge and had a few more pints before we headed off ... Kathleen , Aideen , Richard and myself decided to keep the party going so we tried catching an Uber . Our driver never showed up , I called and he never answered , and then when we saw him we waved and yelled and he drove by us ??? Then the bastard charged me for it !!! Yeah £3.50 to have this mother f$&ker ditch me on side of the road and I am definitely sending this to Uber as I am not pleased at all . We ended up taking a taxi and Uber refunded the £3.50 but honestly I don't think that is remotely enough compensation ! Maybe a few free rides will help ease the pain of having been ditched on the side of a road by one of their drivers ??? Is this something Uber should be concerned about ?!?! Leaving customers on the side of the road yelling and waving at your drivers ? Think of the safety of your passengers ! Especially when they are tourists that could fully be targeted by who knows ... What happens if I get robbed or stabbed or something ? Will Uber feel bad about that ? 

We had to eventually take a taxi which Uber should probably pay for also but hey who am I to ask for that right ? Oh yeah I'm the guy writing about it now and from what I am writing I would think this doesn't look good on Uber does it ? Anyways the taxi took is to where we wanted to go and we ended up at the Windsor pub where our service was quite bad . All the servers seemed in the gloomy mood :( kitchen was closed so we left an ended up in an Indian restaurant called La San which was quite posh :) we were the only ones not wearing suits hahaha the food was fantastic aside from the hair Kathleen found in her food which was promptly replaced and we were given some nice deserts to smooth things out which helped out ... Maybe Uber should take note of this ! 

While we were there we saw this guy sitting alone so we invited him over to join us ... Eddie was this photographer from London who ended up hanging out with us all night ! We all had some great conversations then paid our bill and jumped into the rain where we ended up walking in circles before finding out way back to our hotel . We lost Richard somehow on the way back but kept on our route and had a few more beers in my hotel lobby before calling it a night . All in all it was a very interesting day and not the cheapest day but I had fun ... I would have had more fun though if Uber didn't screw me the way they did !!! Hint hint .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment