Pages

Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Day in Chelmsley Wood


Today is not even over yet and I feel compelled to write about it already :) This was my first Christmas in the UK as I've been here before for Boxing Day but never for Christmas . Might I add before i go on that I'm so happy to be with Kathleen here !!! Things are a bit different here though and getting around today kinda sucked ... For those of you back home in Toronto all know the TTC sucks but at least it runs on the holidays and is even sometimes free :) well the other day I heard someone say they think there is no transit today so we checked online this morning .... Website said to call the hotline but their phone was off ??? Alright how do we really know if there is no bus services ? Well only one way .... So we headed to the bus stop down near the bull ring and waited for a bit but to no avail :( so we did what we could and called an Uber ... It cost us £16 to get there .... 


When we got to my aunt's house we exchanged some gifts and started drinking and eating , it was really great to be here with my family ! We ate gammon and beef and carrots and potatoes then chocolates and did I mention that I had a few bottles of beer hahaha ! Of course we got into our family discussions which usually happen and catching up on new on goings ... I got a nice bottle and glass of Doombar , a nice box of chocolates and some really cool Villa posters ... Honestly I was not expecting anything so I'm quite happy with my loot :) 


My cousins grabbed me a couple bags of pork scratchings which I really like and opened one and started noshing when I pulled one out and it was covered in pig hair ??? Omg wtf !!! It grossed me out ... And yes I know where they are from and it shouldn't gross me out but it did ... Still can't get the thought of eating that out of my mind now :( I think I don't like pork scratchings anymore .... Shitty ... 


One of the coolest parts of today was when my cousin showed me this stamp above . The man on the right is my late uncle Manuel who was a diplomat in Malta ! How cool is it that he is on a friggin stamp ??? He was a super nice guy , I met him as a child and will always remember how proud my family was of him . I'm still blown away about this stamp . So back to reality and I know we have to get an uber to get back to Birmingham so I start looking at my uber app and my phone ends up running out of money I put on it ??? Now hold up , how the f&$k did I put £10 on it just over 24 hours ago and now it's out ? Honestly Vodafone why and how ! This is over 20 bucks Canadian down the tube in one day on my phone ... I could use my Rogers card and spend less in overseas fees in that time :( . So with my phone dead there was only one option to get back to our hotel ... The car hire cost us £22 so obviously Uber is cheaper and when we called them they said it would be £16 and also that final cost included a holiday charge of £2 .... More and more I like Uber ! 

I should probably get some rest now , tomorrow is a big day ! Going to watch Villa play West Ham and I'm sure that will include 15-20 pints hahaha ... No joke :p 

Really hope you all had a wonderful Christmas . Cheers ! 






No comments:

Post a Comment