Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Away Days


Alright it's time to catch up ... Yesterday started super duper early !!! We woke up at 4:30 am to get ready for our 5:30 am pick up !!!! Yeah my local supporters club for Aston Villa when I'm in England is the Kidderminster Lions , these guys are so amazing . The chairman is Paul Harris and he came all the way from Kidderminster to pick me up so I could maximize my drinking as the Broadwaters Inn aka the Broadies was supposed to open nice and early for us :) was supposed to is the key word LOL ! We got there around 6 am and it didn't open up until 7:30 am which probably saved me a bit as I did get totally wrecked anyways :p when the pub did open I had 3 pints and got on the bus for Norwich to watch my beloved Aston Villa ....


I brought 11 tons of beer for the 3 hour ride and as usual sat in the back of the bus with the usual suspects ... Stu Wilson ( told ya I'd mention ya ! ) and Ben Mitchell are always great lads to get on the piss with and that we did !!!! Those tins I mentioned were long gone by the time we arrived in Norwich hahaha ... I was in pretty good shape if this was the drunken Olympics  . It didn't stop there either as we headed to the away supporters pub which was called The Compleat Angler or something like that ... Pretty sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong :) it was a sea of claret and blue and it was beautiful . The weather wasn't too bad and I bumped into everyone I knew for the most part ... There are a few I'm not sure if I saw or not as I said I was quite tanked by this time . Somehow that brilliant idea of drinking Jäger Bombs wasn't so great this morning but hey you only live once right ? 


Just a side note here ... I for one believe that we Aston Villa supporters are by far the best supporters of any sport on this planet and sometimes it breaks my heart to see the shit that our club puts in front of us to watch play ! It's utter shite and the club should realize that the support will always be there and I for one will probably cheer on and travel over here to watch them rain or shine but please please please give us the club we the fans deserve . On the day we always have a great time aside from those 90 minutes where we have to stand around and endure the total garbage that is out in front of us . I really hope that someone at the club reads this because I'm sure that is how most of us Villans feel ... Especially the season ticket holders and the away supporters that travel far and wide as I do ! I have been over here to watch 6 games now this season over 3 trips having spent thousands of dollars just to fly over here and you wanna ask me if its worth it ??? I will always say YES !!! It is and it's mainly because the people I get to spend these days with ... My Villa family is really my Villa family ... Just look at my Kiddy Lions friends and you will know what a heart of gold is and I can't really ever explain the feeling I have when I'm with these friends but I can say that I can't wait to see them all again ... UTV ! VTID ! 


So yeah the game was shit ... I had a pint there and took off after we went down 0-2 which was gutting ... I was almost in tears with the realization that this was a must win and really the players on the pitch couldn't be arsed into caring about .... The ride back as usual after a shit game like this was somber :( not much said on the bus .... When we got back to Kidderminster we hit the pub and had a few more bevs and Paul's wife Aitch gave us a ride home back to Birmingham ... Honestly thank you Paul , Elvis , Pete , Ben , Stu , Kieran and the rest of my Villa mates for making this a great day ! The games are out of our control but the friendships made and the time spent with you all is always quality ... I can't thank you all enough for being so kind to me and Kathleen . I hope to see you all when I'm back for Leicester next month ....


Oh and Gary you are lucky you woke up because I was ready to do something to you in this pic hahaha !!! I owe ya for Bournemouth still lol :) 




1 comment:

  1. If your employees have been working tirelessly, New York corporate events come as welcome breaks and are highly appreciated. You might even improve the efficiency of a team, all the way up to the maximum level with these activities.

    ReplyDelete