Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Keeping it Kuld


As most of you know already that my job back home is working in the film industry making commercials and I am really lucky to have a good job filled with good people but some people move on to do greater things and my old PA buddy Mati Kuld is one of those people . He owns an ice cream parlour and as we were joking that there isn’t a fancy name for ice cream scooping dude like coffee pourers are called baristas so maybe everyone should figure out a name to call the connoisseur’s of ice cream ๐Ÿฆ. It was my last day in Fremantle and I checked out of my prison cell released on full parole and I had no ghostly encounters even though I did try to channel the ghost of Martha to show up while I was showering in her former prison cell ... oh well maybe I’m not her type and if I am maybe I’m lucky not to be fed some acid like she did to her loving children . 


When we left we had some time to kill before Mati opened his shop in Fremantle as him and his Mrs. have two shops in Perth ! Pretty good for a couple that started off luring children into alleyways to try their ice cream eh ? Ok maybe not children but you get the jist .... maybe they were all fat kids like me except I’m no kid and I’m definitely not kidding when I say the ice cream is worth the visit as they have a few different flavours that they switch up weekly . When Mati left us in Toronto I thought he was gonna come work in the film industry here and originally he did and had this side hobby of making ice cream which they experimented with and it did well so he dropped the whole film biz and hopped into pushing ice cream . A few years later and he’s still putting in the hours to get this business to float on its own and I’m sure soon enough it will be ran by his employees giving him time to relax .... sounds like he’s working film hours but on the daily unlike most of us that only work 150 days a year . That’s some hard work but Mati was always a go getter . If you ever visit do yourself a favour and go visit one of his shops and tell him I sent ya ๐Ÿ˜œ it was good seeing him and if we can squeeze in the time maybe I can see him outside of his shop for a pint . It was fun setting up your shop with you buddy just like the good old days when we used to set up client/agency areas together . Best of luck mate ! 


Ok I’m writing this out of order but today was not a normal orderly kinda day and Kuld Creamery deserved to get the first mention but the truth is when we were on our way to find the ice cream parlour we came across this sign on the corner of this street screaming at me and this is another sign for me .... it has to be as my team back home that I run is called Ghetto Blasters as well . This sign was so ghetto it hurt in all the right places like making a save with my neck but knowing the puck didn’t go in the net and it kept my shutout but at the same time was gonna be the worst bruise ever ... yeah I’m a sick individual ๐Ÿ˜› anyways this sign was sitting on the corner all lonely screaming at me to go visit this Ghetto Blaster Coffee shop and I followed and was lead to a small shop that was bumping Tribe Called Quest and all the stuff being sold in the shop was graffiti designed and yeah this is so me ... if you know me you know this . When I was there I was tempted to buy everything but I can’t carry too much stuff in my bags and I opted to walk away very reluctantly . I still want that ghetto blaster trucker cap grrr ! I got in touch with them and we might have some collaboration for the future if things fall in place .... time will tell and unfortunately I spent so much time catching up with Mati at his shop that we never went back to the coffee shop but I might try to squeeze in a return if I can find the time before I head to Melbourne .... yeah I’m travelling , that’s why they call me The Travelling Goalie . 


Got the train back to the CBD and checked back into the same Holiday Inn where I left my hockey bags and then we proceeded to crash hard as we are both feeling the effects of jet lag and a month of travelling .... we all need a day off and today I scored myself a half day . I’m not gonna even mention the crap food we ate as we were feeling lazy and grabbed whatever . Let’s just say it wasn’t healthy . Tomorrow I’m meeting James Brown who is another old work buddy from the film industry that has me coming to play for his hockey team . I might need the rest . Peace ✌️ 









No comments:

Post a Comment