Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Flying Qantas


First of all let me say that I really didn’t want to leave Perth but the time has come to jump on a plane and head to Melbourne where nobody has stepped up to organize any ice time for me and all they can talk about is this damn insurance they want me to buy to skate once with them .... I will vent about that later . My flight to Melbourne is due to leave around 3 pm and I’ve already pre paid for an extra baggage which cost me around $40 so I can bring my sticks with me . We decided to go for an early walk around and it was nice and hot out . The city was absolutely dead as it was the Monday of a long weekend and everyone had their festivities all weekend and most places were closed anyways . Our wander around was cut short by the heat and we headed back to the Holiday Inn where we were offered late checkout because I’m an IHG member so we didn’t have to leave until 12:30 pm and the front desk called us a taxi . When the time came our bags were packed up and my gear was mostly dry but not fully dry and I’m expecting issues upon check in but what we were about to experience was nothing I would have expected . 

Our taxi arrived and we headed to the airport , our driver was very talkative and even made some impromptu stops to show us some sites like the castle in Perth which is not much of a castle . Our fare was cheaper then the fare when we arrived and we seemed to go on a different route making me wonder if we were taken for a ride when we arrived ? We probably were ! These things happen and it’s part of travelling 😤 life goes on and sadly it’s time to leave Perth still so nothing has changed . We grab our bags walk into the terminal and go to a self check in kiosk and find out we should be contacting someone at the desk for assistance ? We walked over to one counter and they said to talk to someone at the self serve kiosk and we went back and spoke to one of the Qantas associates and we were told we were bumped from our flight ??? Ok now why did we get bumped .... we were told because the flight we were on that I prepaid like a day before for my extra bag and actually switched my seats on had changed planes and the new plane was smaller and we were randomly chosen to be bumped . Now I’m not clear on how this works but I am almost sure they have to ask if you would accept being bumped or receive some form of compensation ? Please correct me if I’m wrong . I then explain to the Qantas employee that we deserve compensation and I asked why we have not been notified about this before coming to the airport , and she has absolutely no clue and says we can’t get any compensation and when I ask to speak to her manager she said there is no manager present ??? WTF ! 

Got my ticket and went to the oversized baggage drop off and the security tells me there should be someone to speak to about this as I was bitching about it and he says to go to desk 20 or talk to someone upstairs in the terminal . Bags dropped and I stomped my way back to desk 20 and nobody is there .... sat down mulled over this whole situation and looked up online and tried to call the Qantas call in center but to no avail . Fuck was I pissed 😡 





Cleared security and marched to their counter and explained that I prepaid for an extra bag by calling it in about 2 days ago ,never notified .... checked out my hotel and jumped in a taxi and headed to the airport with no notification again with no notification and now I’m trapped in an airport waiting for a flight that I’ve been bumped from and it’s not fair ! I also explained that I tried getting an explanation before dropping my bags and apparently there is no management downstairs and that’s when they started to agree I am being hard done by . I explained how we should be compensated and they stand firm on the whole fill in a complaint thing online and they file it also ( I still have not filed ) after all my explaining was said and done they offer me a voucher for $30 to grab some food and the only place to eat at has nothing cheaper then $30 so I take my voucher and order a meal ... well Kathleen did while I was still fuming with anger . While we are sitting there Kathleen gets called to the desk and apparently is asked if we have hockey sticks ? She lets me know and I start to panic . Why are they asking if I have sticks , what’s wrong , did they lose them ? Apparently they lost the tag on one of the bags and needed confirmation for the bags I have paid extra for the flight I have been bumped off 😬 and just when you thought all was good .... our flight we were bumped to was delayed ! Mother .... 

This Qantas airlines is one piece of shit company and it’s the first time I’m flying it and if I didn’t have another flight booked with them then I would not ever fly with them again . It doesn’t get better either as we boarded we realized that we were stuck in a middle row instead of the window and aisle we had chosen only 24 hours earlier 😵 yay ! Just my luck ... all I can think of is reasons why we were really bumped and why wouldn’t they just ask or offer compensation ? What kind of two bit operation is this and why didn’t anyone want to tell me the truth and was there anyone else bumped ? We were lied to probably worse then the cabbie that took us for a ride when we arrived in Perth without any knowledge but this ride was definitely one where you knew the cabbie was ripping you off .


At the end of this dark tunnel called Qantas was some light though . Wayne Collier is a hockey player that lives in Melbourne and he was patient enough to pick us up at the airport even though the flights were bumped and delayed so that made my day . Wayne got us over to our hotel and we ended our night having a tea ... well I had a beer while they drank tea . Of course before he left I asked about getting on the ice here and this stupid insurance thing came up again and all I could think was I will just wait for someone to call me as an emergency call up .... let’s hope this hockey situation in Melbourne changes because so far I’ve played everywhere with no issues and no insurance needed. Qantas .... you will be hearing from me soon , you suck ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment