Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Bye Toronto



Bags have been packed and gear is dry but my bag still weighs a ton . Woke up today to hit the ice one last time and get some wind sprints in and spent my last day in Etobicoke with my amazing lady . She knows I love her :) the day flew by ... got my bags packed then pulled stuff out as you do ! Took my last shower before I called uber for my ride to the airport and I noticed it was a Honda Civic coming .... it’s a hatch back . When it showed the driver had stuff in the back and he said he couldn’t fit my bags . So he was supposed to cancel right ? Nope he took his time and waited it out so I would cancel and get billed .... so I called a taxi . Say what you want about taxi’s but at least when they show up they get the job done . Oh and that uber driver finally decided to cancel and tried sticking it to me .... so I disputed it and it has been reversed already . Talk about shady eh ? 



Driver was from India so he was over the moon telling me about India :) this is gonna be a great experience . When I arrived at terminal 1 I went to check in and for some reason was put into the express lane , can’t complain ? So I get to the counter , put my happy face on which isn’t hard now that I’m not working and threw my bag up on the scale ... 23 kilos is the limit I think ? Well my bag is 27 kilos :( lady at the counter was super cool and said that she didn’t know it was heavy and sent me to oversize baggage .... yeah I got lucky . Checked that in and was asked about the hand warmers ... apparently if they are not air activated they are not allowed on the plane .... thankfully mine are air activated . This is all new to me . And yes of course I’m taking hand warmers to the Himalayas ;) but I left my sleeping bag and my gloves behind hahaha ... I’m gonna rent a bag instead of carrying it around the world and I will just buy a pair of gloves and ditch them after or something ... it’s India ! Shits cheap there :) 


Now I’m chilling in the lounge thanks to Timo who I will be meeting with in Munich when I land tomorrow morning . He hooked me up with a pass and here I am writing just as I always do to start off my adventures . Things are calm with some acoustic music and all I can think is this is gonna change so drastically in the next day or two !!! I can hear thrash metal as the theme for the rest of the trip and that might be as soothing as this acoustic shit ... yes it’s shit hahaha ;) tomorrow I hit the ice a few hours after landing when we head to Fussen to play with Footworks ... don’t have too much info about these guys but I do know it’s a mixed group with a few former pros and a few beer leaguers . I definitely need to get some sleep on this flight so I don’t feel crazy jet lagged . Yeah even a traveller like myself deals with bouts of jet lag . 

My flight leaves in a couple hours so I have a bunch of time to kill . I am still a bit surprised how quick I got through security and everything ... usually it’s quite the ordeal especially at rush hour times ! The lounge is getting rammed now so I can only guess that I got here at the perfect time . I guess I should eat some free food and grab a beer 🍺.... I haven’t been practising enough for that aspect of my trip . Hopefully I can keep
up with the Germans . 

No comments:

Post a Comment