Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas


Waking up early ( as usual ) today and hoping that Saint Nick brought me my Christmas gifts. Now you are probably wondering what would the Travelling Goalie want for Christmas? Well .... i asked to get on the ice in England , also asked for a tournament in Hawaii , and a big ass trip to end off 2011 . Not too sure if he is gonna come through , but i am pretty sure he is gonna get 1 of 3 for me pretty soon ;)

When i was a kid i remember running out onto the street and meeting my friends to play road hockey . It was brought to my attention the other day that road hockey is illegal in Toronto ???? Wondering how is it that all the families in my neighbourhood put up with us banging their cars and running on their lawns and beating up their garages ? Now we are the ones to stop the younger ones from doing the same thing ! No more cries of "CAR" and "NO CAR" will be heard during street hockey games , it is sad . This is a memory for me that i will always and forever cherish , it is the grass roots for hockey in Toronto ( and probably all of Canada) . So why did my generation ban this , we were allowed to do it ....why can't kids these days do it ?

Maybe i should have changed my Christmas wish to please let me go outside and play some street hockey for Christmas ? Either or i am wishing you all a Merry Christmas today . Drink and be merry , then go sweat it out on the ice LOL ! Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment