Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 4 past me by

Saturday was so long ago ....basically after my last blog i had to go begin my pro camp with EHC Waldkraiburg. They are basically a 5th division hockey club from Germany. They came to Tachov for a pre season hockey camp which was to end with an exhibition game vs. SHC Klatovy . SHC Klatovy is a 2nd division club from the Czech Rep.Of course Rainer had organized this all as he is the king of Tachov LOL!

I get my shoes on and walk through the streets of Tachov with hotel towel in hand ( for shower after duh !) . Getting to my equipment is a bit of a challenge seeing how my gear is stowed in the back of the arena in the HC Tachov dressing room. Rainer knows all the guys at the arena but he is too busy sleeping , so here i am trying to communicate with the rink guys that don't speak English, oh and i don't speak Czech . Eventually i got Wolfgang ( Waldkraiburgs GM ) to try his luck with communicating . Worked much better ! Getting into my own private room i begin to dress , thinking of this chance to be a pro for a couple days makes me nervous. I get onto the ice and the first person to greet me is my Slovenian friend that i met here Jan . Jan is a defenseman that loves to fight , has played in the US and Denmark but seems to have bad luck with clubs and is looking for a way back to North America.

Skating drills to start , warmup and then bullets start flying. Yeah they are 4th or 5th division club but they are young and eager to make the club . I personally thought i did quite well , and was asked half heartedly if i would consider playing for them . Jokingly i reply that they must speak to my agent Rainer LOL! After practise the coach asked me to come skate with them tomorrow aswell. Gladly i accept only to find out that it was goalie drills day, they were planning to take it easy on the skaters as they had a game a couple hours after practise. OUCH .....

It was a cold day going into the rink but coming out it was nicer, possibly from the tons of sweat that was still trickling off of me ....i always hated practise but to practise with pros was definitely a treat and i had a smile from ear to ear the remainder of the day. We all went back to our hotel and enjoyed a lovely dinner ( chicken ) Now the night before was pure debauchery and i knew i wanted to feel better for the next ice time , so i told Rainer that i wanted to take it easy that night , and of course we still ended up in the disco ! My thinking is , ok i will come and have 2 beers and leave ...yeah right ! We get to the disco which is only a walk away and immediately run into the Woid Boyz ....

The Woid Boyz are Waldkraiburgs fan club ! WOW these guys were insanely funny , immediately they knew i was the Canadian goalie and were all into getting to know and ask me questions . So now i have 9 new friends . At the disco you can buy a bucket that is filled with booze for a whole 8 euros !!!!! So you can already imagine how many sips out of the bucket i must have had to go with my ummm 4 or 5 beers ...yeah 2 turns to 5 quickly , and time flies when having fun! The stuff i witnessed going on at the disco was hilarious, pictures of their youngest member in his Borat swim suit , harassment of random people , posing for pictures , just pure insanity with the Woid Boyz, oh yeah Woid is Wood in German as the emblem for Waldkraiburg is a lumberjack so don't get Woid and Wild confused . Somehow someway i come to my sense around 3 AM and decide to leave say by turn around and have my trackpants pulled down to my ankles in the middle of the disco , thank god my undies stayed up LOL! thanks kackvogel .

At the moment i am behind on my blogs so i will try to cover my Sunday happenings sometime after i eat , travelling with a laptop and not having a proper a/c adaptor is priceless.....and the internet connection here is fablulous too ! Sarcastically speaking .....

1 comment: