Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 11: Jari Kurtti


The 11th day of my trip over in Europe was a quiet one, as we all woke up from a crazy night of partying. Yes i did not go as hard as the rest of the group but i had my fair share . I have to mention a great guy named Jari Kurtti....he is another crazy goalie ! It is funny to mention that every wild thing that came out of his mouth was followed by words that i have used many times " i am a goalie " , LOL!

Jari has been reading my blog and found out that i was coming here without my gear ( flying Ryanair prohibits this) . Not sure if he felt bad for me or just wants to help, regardless this guy deserves to be spoken of in chapters ! We are standing outside of the sauna and he approaches me , tells me he has been reading my stories and would like to help me :) . I mean to my amazement i am getting offered ice time without my gear? Jari will be meeting me in about an hour and a half to let me use his gear on his ice time !!!! Not too sure if i have ever had a more gracious offer before in my life, totally unbelievable .

The icetime is 8:15 AM so i mean it is not only the fact that he is lending me his gear , giving me his icetime but also waking up so bloody early just to do this . Honestly i have met a shitload of amazing people on this trip . Some have given me the shirts off their backs ( Rene Muller Woid Boyz ) , some have let me stay in their houses ( Petri Riihelainen ) but this tops them all .... no offense to anyone else i hope you all understand ? LOL!

The infamous Nokia now Tampere Devils goalie is letting me use his gear ! wow....So i also have to mention that their is a definite air of excitement with me today and sleep was a huge problem as i also was told that their will be alot of X- NHL players like Jyrki Lumme there ! Yesterday was a quiet day but today will be a great day ....oh yeah and i have a long day of travelling back to Germany today too :(

So back to yesterday , we basically woke up , cleaned up , sobered up ....i played some darts with this Brit named Steve ( another class act !) and had my first driving experience in Europe ....thank God it was an automatic LOL! i will post some driving videos another time . We arrived at Petris ( Rainer , Miko, Petri and myself ) had a sauna then went to Mamma's for a bite to eat ( chicken wings) which for some reason nobody could finish and i easily scarfed down LOL! Went back to Petris and watched shitty tv ( Finnish Big Brother ) little better than American crap as their is nudity here hehehehe.....a quiet day but i couldn't have asked for a better quiet day , in Finland with some truly amazing people ! Getting ready for icetime soon , i might have to drive myself to Tampere from Valkeakoski in an hour . Ciao !

No comments:

Post a Comment