Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Visiting Friends



So the day started with us rolling out of bed to get coffee , Tim Hortons again of course . After hockey last night I had a couple pints of good strong beer , no I didn't get wasted but I did get a proper buzz ... No cobwebs as I said I have some people to meet up with while I'm in Montreal . Gotta see my paesano Vince Fazio who I met way back when in Itsly . He doesn't live too far from Adil's and Khalid is not that far either as they are all in the east end of the city . 

First stop was Vince though , we were gonna take the Metro transit and then I saw that Uber wouldn't be too much so I decided to message Vince and then I Facebook messaged him then I finally decided to call him and his phone was off ? Or dead ? Who knows I never aske him but I do know once I got a hold of him my uber options were going through surge pricing :( yeah I know I wasn't about to spend $40 to get there when I could pay $6 for metro with Kathleen ... Argh ! So I waited .... Price went down and I booked it ended up paying $20 ... Oh well . I hate transit ! I'm actually writing I this now while I'm on transit going to work .... The person beside me is probably watching me type this now .... MOVE OVER chump lol ! Sorry for the sise track :p 


When we met Vince we went to Burger de Ville ? Yeah I had to have poutine and apparently this was the place to go and yes it is ! YUMMY !!! Vince didn't really seem his energetic self as I think he was a bit tired so we didn't hang out too long ... Had a pint at 3 Brasseurs then we were dropped off at Adil's where Khalid came to pick us up . Khalid Mrini is the president of the Moroccan Ice Hockey Association and is a good friend of mine .  He took us to a Moroccan coffee shop and I smoked some sheesha and enjoyed a lovely Moroccan coffee . We spoke about plans for me to revisit Morocco in the coming year and I was invited to join the Moroccan delegation to Russia for the 2016 world championships  ... Yeah I know , wicked ! After all the formalities he drove us up to Mont Royal and we enjoyed a chat up there before heading back to Adil's . Thank you for everything Khalid ! 


Adil hosted a BBQ for his close friends which we were invited to . Beer can chicken was on the menu with obviously St.Ambroise IPA :) thanks buddy ... Yeah I love that stuff and we had a bunch of other beers and even some Becherovka which he brought back from Prague ... I'm still upset I missed that trip , oh well . 



We had some great conversations with Adil's friends and I wish I got some pics or at least took notes but I was living in the moment and honestly the moment was perfect . We were the last ones to leave via Uber again this time with a driver also named Adil lol . When we got to the room we crashed ... Next day we fly home and I have a big playoff game for my Ghetto Blasters team so I need some rest ... 

Peace Out ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment