Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Back To Montreal :)


Yeah i know that i visit Montreal quite a bit for a guy that hates the Habs LOL . I can't help it though as Montreal is one of the best cities on the planet and has some of the coolest people i know living there . That was part of the reason why i decided to book tickets to go see a comedy show in Montreal ... I'm going to see Dave Chappelle with Kathleen :) yeah that Dave Chappelle HAHAHA! should be amazing , but as usual i am taking my hockey gear even if it's just to get on the ice once while I'm there with as many friends as possible ... so if you are reading this and you live in Montreal be prepared to get an invite to come out for some shinny :P 

Had to make this cheap to leave room for another trip coming up , that is yet to be determined . To make this one cheap i decided to use my Visa Avion points to book both our flights ... yes of course I'm flying with Air Canada because they will handle my bags for free , thank you very much Air Canada ! Well i mean it helps that i have Altitude status and get an extra bag now due to flying so much with Air Canada and Star Alliance flights ... the bonus is that i have these passes to the lounge at the airport that i can use ... looks like i will be half in the bag when i fly off LOL ! FREE BEER ! Hotels were not cheap but we did what we could to minimize our Uber receipts by staying as close to the venue as possible . We are staying right down the road from Places Des Artes at a hotel called Hotel Zero One , it looks like a boutique style hotel so it should be interesting . I booked it on Rocketmiles to maximize my point intake ... i am getting 3,000 Aeroplan points for my 3 night stay . 

As usual i am really really hoping to get my hands on a sandwich at Momesso's restaurant , my last 2 trips i have ear marked this place to visit due to its ties to the game of hockey ... its somewhat of a hockey shrine inside and i want to check it out this time for sure ! Just recently i joined a gym and started working out and i have a strong feeling that i am gonna have to work twice as hard to work off all the poutine and smoked meats that i am gonna gobble while i am in La Belle Provence hahaha! Visions of Lafayette poutine and i am hoping to eat at Main which is another elusive food joint i haven't hit up yet ... I'm drooling just thinking about it YUM :) 

Hopefully my ice time(s) will be sorted in the next week or so , this way i can invite everyone out to hang and see me ... if i can get 2 ice times on the same day it would be amazing but i do have to consider the boredom levels for Kathleen ... yeah i can't be too selfish , can i ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment