Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Les 4 Glaces


Yesterday was great ! We woke up and headed to Tim Hortons for coffee and then decided to do some walking about on St. Laurent which is mostly a pedestrian only street during the JFL festival which stands for Just for Laughs ... Huge comedy festival . Montreal is great when it comes to the arts , I would also say it is better then Toronto with all the beautiful graffiti everywhere ... It's nice to see a city embrace street art and walking along St. Laurent was no disappointment !!!!


We were both hungry and the plan was to go to Lafayettes for a poutine but I got side tracked when I saw St. Hubert's which for those of you that don't know is a rotisserie chicken joint primarily ... I haven't had this stuff in eons so obviously the time was now and we totally enjoyed the service and the food was great . Only thing is that it's quite chilly here , yeah I know it's July and I kinda wish I brought a hoodie ... C'est la vie :) 


After sucking back that delicious chicken we headed back to our comfy hotel room ... I will definitely stay at Hotel Zero One again ! While I was in my room I contemplated my hockey options as I have ice time booked at 9 pm with Adil at Les 4 Glaces and i have the option to go skate at Westmount through a Hockey Community event ... Only problem is that the guy posting the event is not really reliable ! He was supposed to show up for the ice time I organized here a few months ago and no showed ... I hate no shows , totally rude stuff that I NEVER forget about . So since I was already skeptical I decided to message the unreliable one and wouldn't you know it , he didn't respond LOL ! In fact almost 24 hours later and buddy still hasn't responded ... I would have cancelled evening skate in favour of partying a bit ... Can't get day drunk and go play hockey right ? 


Once I realized that I had to get on the ice at night i decided to go for another walk and was supposed to meet Khalid Mrini (president of Moroccan ice hockey association) we had a bit of time to kill so we went over to St.Laurent again and walked in the opposite direction . Kathleen had a sangria and I started to crave getting a buzz hahaha so I grabbed a Boreale IPA which was yummy and a fellow named Guillaume approached me asking about my Aston Villa top , he was a Tottenham fan that hates TFC with a passion as a true Montrealer which really was cool because we had some good banter and ended up chatting for a good half hour or so while I chugged a few beers .... Then I get a message from Adil saying Khalid can't meet me ??? Shitty but it's not gonna stop me from going out for food ... I have been craving oysters and Kathleen found a great oyster bar called Maestro S.V.P. which is where we planned to meet Khalid . We walked over and gobbled a good 2.5 dozen of the slimey sea food creatures :) I don't even wanna tell you all how much we spent but I do wanna say it was worth every penny :p 


We walked back to the hotel and I took my pre skate nap ... When I woke up I didn't want to get out of bed , but hockey rules all an there was no chance that I was going to leave Montreal without getting on the ice . Adil picked me up after 8 pm and we headed to Brossard . It was shinny and it was good ... I mean there were no dickheads , there was a level of respect amongst the skaters there and the level was great ... There was this one kid that was fantastic ! He must be a QMJHL player , I should have asked him in between evil eye glares I gave him for scoring on me HAHAHA ! Unfortunately I didn't and kept on keeping on during my hour and a half of pure hockey enjoyment :) man do I love hockey or what ! After the skate both myself and Adil were beat up ... These kids really did us both in :p 


The night was still young and Kathleen went to bed after she went to watch another comedy show and I was not about to call it a night . Adil and myself went over to Dieu du Ciel for some beers ... I love it there ! Great friggin beer !!! We met up with Moroccan team captain Saad and talked hockey the whole time effortlessly... Always a pleasure talking puck with friends even if they hate the Leafs :) first question I was asked was if I was happy that Kessel got traded ... Hell yeah LOL ! We stuck around until 2:30 am then called it a night ... What more can I say about yesterday ? 

It was a great day . I love being here in Montreal ... If you love hockey as much as I do you will clearly understand ... But I still hate the Habs ;) today I am gonna wear a Leafs shirt just to piss everyone off HEHEHE ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment