Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2020

This is not a repeat


Here I am sitting in the air canada lounge at Toronto Pearson Airport , I’m having a beer and some snacks before I go to my gate . If you don’t know yet , I’m heading to Australia before heading to New Zealand . Yes I know I’ve been to both countries before and this is my first trip ever where I won’t be adding a new flag to my bag 😢 I know ! It’s not like me to return to a country and not visit somewhere new . On this trip I am probably not going to experience anything new as I’m going to play with the team I played with last year in Adelaide but there is a minor problem .... everyone that came to play from out of country last year all bailed ! Even the team organizer bailed , and we are playing for a team called North Pole Strip Polers but nobody is from the North Pole lol 😝. There is one returning traveller and that is Nonny my room mate from last year . He’s a blast hahaha . Anyways I don’t mean to rip on anyone for bailing but the whole damn team travelling that all said they were coming all dropped out one by one after I booked my flights . Now there are a bunch of Aussies that are on my team that are absolute beauties that I can’t wait to see but there is a bit of lustre lost already . Don’t get me wrong ! I think I’m gonna have fun with everyone but wanted to bring you all up to pace with the stories to come . I sure hope none of the people who dropped out are offended by this as no offence is meant to be made but look at it from my perspective.

Now I said yes to the group because I was supposed to travel with Kathleen for New Year’s Eve to Vietnam but she dropped out on that trip after I confirmed coming to this tournament . And to sweeten the deal my buddy Cam Green invited me to play in New Zealand at the Masters Tournament in Dunedin , New Zealand after so two tournaments in two weeks in two cities I’ve visited already . Last time I was in Dunners the rink was closed so that will be new for me . Again I’m sure someone is reading this thinking I’m having a bad time but that is totally wrong as I expect to have an absolute blast , in fact I’ve already got a beer in hand . 

I used my Aeroplan points to fly to Sydney where I will be staying with my goalie buddy Justin Harrison for a couple days as we celebrate Australia Day together ....probably gonna eat and drink more then I should but I will deserve it after travelling for two days to get there . After the two days I hop over to Adelaide and I will be staying with Glenn “the legend himself” Foll , he is the tournament organizer and I am not exaggerating when I say this man is a legend . Look him up ! The tournament is actually very well organized and it is very very rare for me to return to a tourney overseas . The only other time was way back in 2007/ 08 when I returned to Singapore for their tourney . Honestly it must be really good for me to sign up and travel two days to get to ! When I’m in Australia I will be doing some promo stuff with local newspapers for Glenn which I’m looking forward to but honestly at the end of it all what I really want is to see all my mates , have some beers and play some puck ! Everything else is a bonus

My first flight should begin boarding soon as I have to fly to Baltimore first then to San Francisco then one long ass flight to Sydney .... before I sign off I wanted to mention that I haven’t wrote much in quite some time so bear with my vocab 🤪 I will try to post daily . 🍺 

No comments:

Post a Comment