Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Back in Sydney πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί





Hello everybody ! I’m alive and well in the land of Aus and it’s nice and warm here and my flights were alright .... ok let me explain the flights . I flew from Toronto to Baltimore where I had a short connection but knowing I had a shorter connection at my next destination I decided to talk to the person at the United counter and see if I can get closer to the front for a smoother and quicker exit to make sure I catch my flight in San Francisco . I got really lucky that the woman behind the booth was so friendly and she hooked me up with an upgraded seat with a bit more legroom and closer for absolutely nothing . I should have bought her a coffee , maybe next time ! That flight was alright aside from the douchey businessman that was beside me hogging the empty middle seat between us as he was working on his laptop even during takeoff . I did my best to keep a smile on and ignore him and yeah I was getting annoyed with having to deal with everything thrown at me but I kept cool 😎.... when I got to San Francisco I found my boarding area with ease and boarded really quickly . On the plane I found my seat and put my bag in the above compartment and then this absolute wanker shows up , claims the spot next to my bag but then takes his bag out and in the exit row in front of me begins to rearrange his bag . While this was all happening a woman swooped in and out her pink luggage in the same spot he claimed .... you snooze you lose right ? Well when wanker boy realized his spot was taken he had this ridiculous look on his face as I watched and kept all the info I had to myself and watched what he would do . Buddy starts shuffling shit a roundup there and started moving my bag , trying to squeeze his bag on top of mine and I told him to leave my bag alone as it has some glass in it that o don’t want him breaking ... “excuse me , do you mind not moving my bag around as I have some glassware in it that I would like to keep in one piece ? “ and numbnuts looks at me and says that the bags can be placed in there more efficiently and I snapped and said “just leave my bag alone ! “ .... no if’s and and’s or but’s just leave the friggin thing . That guy gave me the evil eye for the whole 15 hour flight and he is lucky I didn’t do more then I did . I hate it when someone so privileged feels it’s their right to move my shit around with no repercussion . Good thing there were some decent flicks  to keep me busy for the flight πŸ™‚ 


When I landed I was in a good mood and not too tired . Cleared customs with no issues whatsoever and found my way to the exact same booth I visited last year to get my sim card which I must say was dirt cheap ... 60 gigs , unlimited text and calls and also free minutes for overseas calls for $25 AUD ! Last year I paid double and I thought it was a good deal then lol 😝 when I left the building I could feel the heat as I waited for my buddy Justin Harrison to arrive as he was gracious enough to offer me a place to stay over the next two days as I adjust to the time zone. When he arrived I hit up a toilet to get changed from pants to shorts and off we went to get me a new pair of Puma kicks . We ended up at the exact same outlet store as last year and I scored myself a nice pair of kicks for $60 and off we went to his house . 


Justin lives in the suburbs of  Sydney and the  houses out here are really nice .  When I arrived I got to meet Justin’s pets that are all adorable and we had a beer ... I was dying for a beer ! As we were chatting along Cara ( I hope I’m spelling it right ) who is his better half arrived and I asked if she would join us with a drink and she reminded me that it was still early which blew my mind because it sure as hell didn’t feel like 10 am to me hahaha πŸ˜† I dusted a couple Heineken’s and then we went out for a bite to eat and ended up in this mall not too far from them and we went to a burger joint called Betty’s Burgers & Concrete Co. .... the concrete part has something to do with ice cream apparently ? I had a nice little burger with fries and we all had a great chat about this and that and I honestly felt pretty full and would definitely give that place two thumbs up πŸ‘ 


We decided to do some mall walking to walk off our meal and just look around then ended up checking out some liquor stores and ended up in a Woolworths down the road doing some shopping where I got me some biltong and some of the amazing plums they have here in Australia . We also grabbed these golden kiwis which were different and tasted good . We drove back to their place and I had a couple more beers and then jet lag struck not too long after I received a phone call from Glenn Foll in Adelaide to fill me in on this interview I’m gonna do to help advertise his tournament . Figured would throw that info in there before  I tell you all that I crashed out on Justin’s couch while watching Dave Chapelle (still funny!) . I wanna spelling Cara because it’s not pronounced with a hard K , anyways she’s awesome ! She made us this fantastic diner (chicken with veggies ) which I gobbled with one eye open and then got a bit of a second wind before passing out in this amazing room I have to myself with an on suite bathroom 😍 I’m so comfortable here thanks to my fantastic hosts ! If I find this place online I’m giving it 5 stars ⭐️ lol πŸ˜‚. 


I think I’m gonna smuggle this little bugger away with me hahaha ! Anyways today is Australia Day and I should hop I the shower and get ready for a nice day out with my friends here . Happy Australia Day to all my Aussie friends around the globe ! 








No comments:

Post a Comment