Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Adelaide ... I hope you’re ready !


Alright let’s get into this . Yesterday was a fantastic day aside from having to say by to my super Sydney friends Justin and Cara . Cara if you’re reading this by chance ... still feel bad I didn’t give you a proper goodbye while I was being interviewed . You said what ? Ok let me rewind a bit . I woke up and my friends were still in their sleep comas and my little cat 🐈 friend didn’t come to visit me so I dealt with the shit I have to deal with which was nothing hahaha πŸ˜† seriously I ate the plums I adore so much and chatted with Kathleen while I awaited them to wake up as I was finding out that NBA great Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash 😒 how fucked up is that ? Not a big basketball fan but I still thought the man had skills .... anyways , I was also waiting for this phone call to do a telephone interview with Rob Greenwood from the Adelaide Advertiser as tournament organizer Glen Foll suggested I be interviewed to help promote his tournament here inAdelaide .... the Adelaide Challenge Cup . He finally called around 11:30 am just as I was supposed to get in car and drive to airport with Justin . So while I was saying good bye to his better half Cara I was on the phone being mr important on a phone interview ... la di da ... look at me I’m famous hahaha . Relax it’s the alcohol talking 😜


Interview went well and Justin got me to the airport on time and I’m glad I booked an extra bag for Qantas in advance  because they would have charged more for my sticks if I didn’t ... not sure how much but I wasn’t about to get robbed (again) . When Justin dropped me off I wanted to be sad but I know I’m gonna see the cant in a few weeks anyway . Justin , hurry up and sort those dates lol 😝 when I got to the boarding area the man in front turned around and I immediately said hello and we kicked off a conversation that lasted the whole flight ✈️ this fella was a man named  John McGuirk and he was a blimp pilot !!! He had me at blimp , no word of a lie this man had some interesting tales to tell and I told him that before we got on the plane . I even told him he should write a book and I only had chatted to him for a blistering 10 minutes . We get on the plane and I’m sat two rows in  front in a row of 3 seats and I have window and an Asian woman with a mask 😷 on was in aisle ... boy does this make me feel comfortable ! Plane takes off and we straighten out while I set up my iPad and the blimp pilot John taps me and says he has an open row and if I’d like I can sit beside him and read part of the book he actually has written ! First of all I was relieved to move from the mask 😷 and secondly this man has written the book I told him to write already ! How fast was that eh ? Hahaha . So I go back two rows and he sets the laptop out and I begin reading .... I would love to share his story but really you should all buy the book when it comes out . I know what a tease ... 


Plane lands and we are asked to exit out the back and then we are held up as we find out there is a stick person on our flight ...YAY ! Pass the corona ! They let us off and we didn’t get quarantined cough cough ! Glen Foll , the man ! The legend ! The tournament organizer ! And most importantly the man letting me crash on his air mattress !!! Is there to pick me up , he immediately takes me to the rink as should always happen right ? Who am I kidding I’m the friggin Travelling Goalie eh ooo eh πŸ˜‚ At the rink we are met by a photographer and I’m here to do a photoshoot for this same article which will be released on Wednesday here so stay tuned for that also ok πŸ‘Œ the photo shoot went well and when I went back to the room to change I met a group of guys that were talking about the masters tourney in Dunedin next week that I’m at and I  told them I’m playing in it as well . Not sure who or what team they are on but I’m sure we will cross paths this week again at some point . 


After the shoot we met up with Brandon Bailey and Marty Andrew (?) I think it’s not his last name shhh 🀫 and we all went to a pasta joint called Fasta Pasta and they weren’t kidding . Place closes at 9 pm and we walk in at 8:30 within seconds that food was in front of us all . I had a spaghetti and meatballs and I’m telling you ... it was good and totally hit the spot . I think we all enjoyed the meal and it wasn’t too expensive for the massive portion and the guys working there seemed decent enough ... I would go back but I think the rest of the week will be alcohol induced as the party is just beginning to warm up ... Marty and Brandon are at a different hotel then the rest of us from out of town and I’m staying at Glenn’s for the first night so we dropped them off after dinner and headed back to Glenn’s place . When we got there he introduced me to his hockey stash and man oh man does this guy have history with the game we love ❤️ it’s fantastic and we were like two little kids talking about toys hahaha πŸ˜† 

Tomorrow is the tournament start and he has a lot of last minute stuff to do so I offered my help and we called it a night ... we are both so excited πŸ˜†. 







No comments:

Post a Comment