Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Australia 🇦🇺 Day part two !


You’re wondering where is part one ? Last year was part one when I spent Straya Day in Perth with my friends at Fringe Festival ... this time I got to spend this lovely holiday with my friend here in Sydney and we went to a wildlife park to see all the beautiful animals here in Australia . With all that’s going on here it is good to see all these beautiful creatures . 


I am waking up pretty early as is the norm for me so I was up around 6 am and Justin and Cara were still sound asleep so I ate some of the most amazing plums I’ve ever had and ate a bag of biltong while I wrote my blog and then my favourite little kitty came to my room to hang out with me .... she’s so cute ! When my gracious hosts awoke they made me a really solid breakfast which was a nice croissant sandwich with eggs and bacon . Honestly these guys are spoiling me and I hope to repay the favour someday ! Justin will be in Toronto in a month or so but I wish Cara was joining as she is really a lot of fun to hang out with , not saying Justin is not fun but she’s just as awesome. They really make a good team 😎 


We were contemplating going out to the Blue Mountains for the day but it is pretty far and because of the fires 🔥 the view might not be so great and honestly driving a couple hours to wander around somewhere for a few minutes seems a bit of a waste so we decided to go to Featherdale Wildlife Park which is about half an hour away and what better way to spend the day then to see animals I never get to see and feed some kangaroos ... I love kangaroos ! 


It cost something like $30 AUD to enter and it really goes to a good cause ! Don’t quote me but I think some if not all animals are rescued , I know the two wombats seen above were found on the side of the road somewhere after the mother was run over by a car and without parks like this those baby animals would never grow up to live a full life . This is not a zoo and the animals are all well taken care of and anyone concerned about the fires here should definitely visit and support theses wildlife parks as this is where all those injured animals would end up . The money spent here is to maintain and help animals in need . It’s a good thing in my books . A lot of animals are suffering from the bush fires going on and they need all the help they can get whether financially or volunteering . For me personally going here on Australia Day and spending time with one of their national symbols makes me beam with glee . Don’t hesitate to visit Australia and check out the local wildlife .... it’s nice to see them in natural habitat but without these parks we may not be able to see these animals in the next generation ! You are free to disagree with me but this is how I feel .


Last time I visited Australia I didn’t get to see dingos or Tasmanian devils and today I finally got to see both ... I really wanted to pet the dingos hahaha ... probably not a good idea eh ? The Tasmanian devil was prancing around until he decided to drop a deuce in front of us (ewwww) lol 😝 I know another Tanzmanian Devil who has these same traits 🤔 just messing with ya Tanzer . I know you’re probably reading this while you’re at that outdoor tourney in Finland . Lay off that Lonkero bro 🤪 sorry I got sidetracked as I actually did think of my good friend Andi while I was near the devil 👿 can I call them that for short ? Seems so much having to write Tasmanian all the time since I think you are all educated enough to get the jist of it all .... maybe not ? Oh well , back to your mouth breathing then hahaha ! 


We got there around 3 and stayed until 5 and we all bought food to feed the Roos .... when we got to the enclosure they were all tired from the heat and then a majestic flow of rain fell down upon us and they all scattered to get out of the rain as did we ... that rain cooled down everything and right after all the kangaroos came forward and we had such a good time feeding them . I had three almost fighting for food and the whole time I was there with them I was smiling taking in the moment as I hope to someday see these animals again . Happiness is so natural for me when I’m near kangaroos 🦘 I don’t know why but I’m so fascinated by them honestly . Hopefully someday I will be back here , maybe sooner then later and maybe even permanently..... 


We grabbed a slushie before we left as it was hot hot hot 🥵 and we were all in need of a cool down and we headed to Woolworths to do  some shopping and we went by the liquor store to grab some bevvies to enjoy during our bbq which Cara and Justin have carefully planned out . The case of beer above was pretty cool looking .... I should have grabbed a few to try , maybe next time ! We then drove back to their place and Cara’s friend came over with her giant dog and we all had some drinks and talked about this and that while they cooked this amazing meal . We ate steak 🥩 sausages and veggies before trying this Australian desert called Pavlova ? It was nice but I wasn’t really a fan of the middle ... Cara explains it to basically a meringue (did I spell that right ) with lots of fruit on top . The middle is creamy and tasted a bit yolky and had an out crust which was quite sugary topped with Australian fruits like mangos and berries . I ate most of it but avoided the centre as much as possible . It was getting late now and I think I was the last  one with a beer in hand and soon enough we called it a night . That was quite the enjoyable day and I’m happy I got to spend it with my friends . 


Today I am flying out to Adelaide and it’s gonna be hard saying bye to my hosts here . They really spoiled me and I honestly hope to have them both stay at my place someday so I can try to return the favour but I must admit that they are a hard act to follow . If I could do half of what they’ve done for me I would consider it an accomplishment ... I should start getting ready now as I’m on the ice tonight for a photo shoot .... stay tuned ! 













  





 



No comments:

Post a Comment