Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Back in the UK



So after many discussions (arguments) with my very very amazing girlfriend :) I talked my way into flying back to Birmingham to watch a couple Aston Villa matches ... Yeah no hockey on this trip :( . These matches are not just any matches though as they are both derby matches and one is a battle royale against Birmingham City aka the scum from Small Heath . We all hate the blues and we're gonna show it LOL ! Yeah this is the real deal when it comes to derby matches . Last time I was over here (last month) I told my mates that if we draw the scum that I would come over ... Yeah I kinda made a promise that i shouldn't have but I did and I stick to my word . In my mind I was thinking later on in the season but it had to happen so quickly ? Oh well I'm here now an yes I have a ticket ! 


The flight over was good . I flew to Newark then to Birmingham only because the other option is to fly over to europe then double back to Birmingham ... That's fine and dandy but after flying for 7 hours the last thing I want to do is wait for another flight ... This was easier aside from the bullshit dealing with American customs ... Bunch of idiots ! They gave me a random baggage check which I thanked the officer for . Wasted my time and in the end of it they didn't even open my bag ?!?!? Only to have my bag searched when it flew over o Newark ! Yeah I found that note in my luggage telling me they searched it AGAIN ! Really America is super duper paranoid and if you ask me flying through there doesn't seem like I'm flying over to a free country ? Really with all the searches and such it makes it out to be a prison or something .... Don't take it the wrong way but flying through the USA is always a horrible thing due to their security but it is what it is and my rant won't change anything .... 

When I landed I took a train into the city and went directly to Vodafone to top up my card then to the Villa shop to get my tickets ... Soon after my cousins seen above in their lovely Leafs jerseys came to meet me and we started to wander about and caught up with one another . I always enjoy spending time with Steven and Paul ... Not sure if Steven is with a p or a v but I'm sure I will hear about it the next time we meet up LOL . After a few pints at BrewDog i checked into my hotel .... I am staying at Jurys Inn again even though I bitched about it last time , it's still the best hotel I've stayed at in Birmingham an most comfortable . 


I needed a nap before heading back out .... When I woke up I was being messaged by Brett Bates to come out and they were right near my hotel ... By the time I got up and showered they were over by BrewDog so I went back there LOL ! I met up with Brett and his mates to watch the rugby World Cup which is happening here in England now . Really I'm not a big rugby fan but i will take advantage of any excuse to drink and watch sports :) we ended up at The Railway watching the game ( England vs Fiji) after the match we went down the road for sheesha and let me tell ya that this place was awesome ! I'm going back , can't remember the full name but it's right near BrewDog and don't be fooled by the outside :) it's unreal inside !!! 


I should get ready now as its time for breakfast then footie time ... Had a great night last night hanging out with Brett and of course Mr Karl McNelly , yeah he was there too ! UTV 



No comments:

Post a Comment