Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Aston Villa in Texas

Not sure if you all know that i am a huge football fan , some of you call it soccer but i don't . My time in Europe has made me grow fond of this sport and i really wish some day that ice hockey reaches the global level that football has reached . That would truly be amazing . So about a month or so ago my favorite team in the whole world announced that they would be coming to North America . Recently i have been talking with Kathleen about cities i haven't been to in the USA and we had mentioned not going to Texas , of course a week or so after Aston Villa announce a Texas tour !

Last time Aston Villa came to North America they did a big tour and i went to Chicago and had one of the best weekends of my life , that is when i truly became a Villan . Before that i was watching games alone in my living room and honestly didn't know that there were other Villans in Toronto .... when i went to Chicago i met a bunch and became a Canadian Villan , its something i am proud to be a part of ! Kinda wish we had supporter clubs or sections clubs for ice hockey ... hopefully it will be adopted at some point here as i know they have that in Europe where hockey games are actually exciting to watch . Toronto hockey games are a snooze fest with fans that don't even know what a puck is making business deals . I try to make a trek over the pond to watch Aston Villa once a year to see my English mates too since Chicago ... it was an epic trip .

So when these friendlies were announced you can only imagine that i was all over it like a fly on shit . :) I have ordered tickets to both matches in Dallas and Houston . Booked my flights ( all star alliance ) , i won't be checking baggage on the way there to save time and my flights are direct ... rather pay the extra couple bucks for direct flights ! I have booked my hotels staying where most of the crazy Villans i know will be staying and in hotel chains i have enjoyed before .... Wyndham in Frisco and Club Quarters in Houston , i booked both hotel stays on AirCanada.com to get my aeroplan points . If you travel as much as i do you should have points cards and you should save up ! i am saving for Australia with those points :) All in this trip cost me about $1300 Hotels/flights/tickets ... booze and food will probably set me back another $500 US so it won't be a cheap trip . It will be a trip that will be hard to remember LOL .

I can't wait to see what changes Villa makes to their roster before then . Up The Villa !

And no i am not bringing my hockey gear for this trip but i might find my way to the Dr.Pepper Star Center LOL ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment