Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

South Africa flight booked

The cheque(s) i was waiting for arrived yesterday , i went to the bank with a huge shit eating grin on my face and deposited them came home and paid Visa .... i paid Kathleen's Visa so she could get some aeroplan points , remember it's all about the points and really why not . If you can get a free flight for paying for something a different way then why not . I know some of you are paranoid and you feel like someone wants your identity but really they probably don't LOL ... really they don't .

The thought was to wait until after midnight or this morning as i have heard the best flight deals pop up Saturday mornings but i couldn't wait . When Kathleen got home she was excited too and she said to just book it now so i did and it didn't take long to find what i wanted ... kinda . I went onto Cheapoair and put in my dates ... i already knew what kind of flights i was going to have to deal with , last i checked i had cheapest option to fly into either Istanbul with Turkish Air OR Frankfurt with Lufthansa , there was the other option too of flying into Newark and leaving from JFK in New York area ... with 3 hours to spare that is ridiculous . Turkey i would need a visa for even as a Maltese citizen so forget that ... its good ol' Germany again hahaha . So when i logged on and started looking i was obviously gonna book to land in Frankfurt and hopefully convince some friends to meet me for a short day trip . Frankfurt is not really close to any friends but worth the chance , at least i can have a couple beers and a good schnitzel and get on my merry way .

It was a pleasant surprise when i went on to book my flights and found a layover in Munich ! I would be surprised if i couldn't meet any of my Bavarian friends there . So i booked it :) Be expecting some messages in the near future if you live near there .... i land in Munich on Thurs. June 26 @ 10:05 AM and i don't fly out until 9:05 PM that same day which basically give me about 6 or 7 hours to hang out , drink beer and get on my way to South Africa . Now you are all wondering what the hell , why is this flight so crazy ? Honestly i have never been in transit this long and i have flown just about everywhere .... i leave Toronto on Wednesday and arrive in Cape Town on Friday , that is 35 hours 15 min of transit ! So the thought has crossed my mind about finding the time to take a shower somewhere in that time :) i hate travelling and feeling icky ... i don't mind landing and smelling like an old rug but getting on the plane feeling filthy is not for me , remember i am getting back in Germany almost a day after i have left Toronto . Surely things will work out , i hope ....

Now all i have to do is start booking hotels ....just have to wait for Timo to find out if he is coming . If Timo joins we stay in nicer hotels , he likes to travel in style :P if it is just me and my host Gary travelling we will book some cheaper if not find some free accommodations . If someone has room for 3 of us then obviously we will take the offer ... its all up in the air right now so i have to be patient and if anything book my hotel & safari during the coming week . Obviously excitement is getting the better of me , i can't wait to get down there to skate with the locals .

My flight to Barcelona, Spain was also booked last night :) i will end up there on my way home . Meeting up with Rainer , Melanie and Dom to play in a tournament there with them ... they are all members of the prestigious Rainman All-Stars travelling ice hockey club . My trip wouldn't be complete without a wild weekend with these lunatics :) lets see if i can add another trophy to my collection LOL . If you are wondering how much these flights cost me ... it was $2400 for all my flights , 7 flights all with Lufthansa . I have pretty much next to no worries about my luggage , usually i don't have to pay with them . Recently i have had discussions with some people that seem to think it is about the size but its not ... oversize fee is waived with sporting equipment , its the weight ! So all i have to do is bring my spare bag just in case as i usually do :P .... so excited ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment