Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Back to square one

You would figure by this point i would have this next adventure planned out ... i was almost sure it was set in stone a few weeks ago that i would leave June 19th heading to South Africa then to Morocco and ending in Spain . WELL that has changed :( my Moroccan friends are telling me the stop playing in June and most of the children won't be there as they will be on holidays . If you ask me i will tell you that the children that are still there should not miss out because the others are on holidays , but really it won't matter what i say . I have tried to contact Khalid about this but he is a busy man and in all truths i have been told it is disgustingly hot and i should avoid going anyways LOL .

So i started looking elsewhere , first 2 choices were Egypt and Kenya . Further research led me to not feel exactly safe going there ... usually i contact someone in a country that is not the safest to be alone in without any knowledge and get assurance that i will be fine , that its safe , etc.... when i spoke to my contact in Kenya i was told to take the threat serious . Ok so they are hunting westerners there and from what i read being in public at any time won't be safe ... no bars, no clubs , no malls , no restaurants  so really what kind of trip does that sound like . Doesn't sound so great . At the best i would love to go there in the future but for now i am going to pass , i like my head where it is ... attached to my body :)

Egypt ... well i am not too sure about Egypt either . Not sure if it has anything to do with Westerners but i have been warned to steer clear of there also ... really its a shame that most of Africa is in turmoil and i wish to find another African country to link my trip between South Africa and Spain . If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a comment !

The good news is that my good friend Timo will be joining me , i will push my dates to accommodate his time . Pushing the date gives me an extra week to extract blood for money , yeah work LOL ! Someone has to pay for these trips hahahaha . I am hoping to get some ideas to finalize this trip soon .... we were talking about Dubai , Turkey , Portugal ... it would be ideal to find a tournament somewhere in south Europe but more then likely it is not possible since most rinks are closed during the summer ..... i have approximately 5 days available to go somewhere and earn another flag on my bag :P

and the search for hockey continues .....

1 comment:

  1. It would be great to have you train with us in Toronto! I find this traveling goalie blog very interesting and what more can benefit you then a nice good goalie training session to keep your performance top notch! Email me at nick@dahanhockey.com

    Hope to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete