Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Remainder of England 2011


The last couple days in England were really really quiet .... it seems that everyone was sick , or hungover , or broke. So there was no big last hurrah or anything , we just kinda left quietly unnoticed . Basically after my ice time with the Ice Hawks all i had was to go watch a brilliant football match ( AFC Bournemouth vs. Brentford ) with Bournemouth winning 3-1 ....end to end action. After that i had to dry my gear .


Yes that is my gear hanging beside a bomb shelter !

practise with Ice Hawks


The last day in England was basically spent running around Ringwood looking for chocolates ( Galaxy ) and crisps ( Walkers) to bring home , along with some alcohol to add to my liquor cabinet collection ! Too bad i did not do this the day before as there was a 3% VAT increase the last day we were there :( , so everything went up in price . I did not get to properly say goodbye to anyone there as they all were out of commission ( hope you all get better ) . All in all England was very quiet and relaxing , i would really like to thank Snowy,Izzy and the kids for being UNBELIEVABLE hosts !!!! Stuart Girdler ( Ice Hawks ) for getting me on the ice .....hoping to get a full write up on them asap . And i would love to thank our New Year's Eve hosts Keith & Lou for an unforgettable evening of laughs . I hope to see you all sooner than later , and hopefully that rink in Bournemouth will be ready so next time the kids can come watch and maybe learn how to play hockey .

My next trip is to Hawaii , i will be booking my flight in the next week. Lots of stuff to do between now and then . Today i might run down to my favorite flag shop to add St. George to my collection ! No not the Union Jack , this was England !

No comments:

Post a Comment