Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Passion or Insanity

Being a goalie gives me many excuses to be a lunatic. On the ice i don't consider that my actions are of a lunatic , it is passion :) You are probably wondering , what did Adrian do this time ? Well ....this past weekend the Ghetto Blasters had a big tilt against a team that we have had some good battles with . The league we play in is a very super clean hockey league so when 2 teams get together like we did , the refs usually don't know what to do with us .

I spoke to the other teams rep yesterday and they loved the game too , it was a hard fought battle , end to end action , big saves at both ends , lots of puck battles ....for both teams it was a great fun played game .Unfortunately we had this new ref that basically wanted us to play the game he wanted us to play and we didn't so he gave us tons of penalties , at the same time yelled and some of our players on way to box . The guy was a world class ref in his own mind , but he sucked !!!! Giving us a slashing penalty for tapping other players sticks , calling goals after pucks hit me in head , and the kicker .....he calls the winning goal with 30 seconds left with the net off !!!!!!!

Alright so maybe the goals off my head are at the discretion of this "ref" ( this guy should not be reffing ) ,but when he called that penalty for "slashing" with under 1 minute left in the game is when i really knew this guy just wanted us to lose ..... i mean you don't call a penalty that controversial with so little time left in the game !!!! Does anyone reading this understand the concept here ? Am i the only one that would think that a ref calling a really bad penalty so late in the game is basically trying to change the course of the game ? I would hope most of you understand what i am getting at .

So the winning goal happened with 30 seconds left. Easy Company was buzzing the net and our D was having a tough time getting the puck out , someone dislodged the net as i felt it hit my pad and immediately put my glove (left) hand up to signal to ref while trying to pull post back on with blocker ( right) hand. During all of this they squeezed a puck between my legs , immediately after calling goal this ref in question skates to the timekeepers box to report score. Well this is when i lose my noodles ...PASSION .... skate over to the ref and ask him why he called it a goal when the net was off. He apparently saw me pulling the net off with my hand is what he said !!!! yeah when i was trying to put it back on while waving my hands in the air and yelling , so the guy basically changed what he saw to make it right i guess . He then continued to tell me that he can't call back all the goals i let in and that i should try stopping some of them . Now i was shaking with fury ( passion ) and i told him look and skated to the net and tossed it ! This guy just wanted to give the W to the other team so he called the game with 30 seconds left . I tried breaking my stick and threw a couple things and did some steamed up yelling ( no cursing) . I told the ref i hope he never refs one of our games again and he said he hopes he doesn't ref in our "shitty league " again . I hope that our league sees this ! GTHLA !!!

All in all i put on quite the show ( passion ) , so in the aftermath i have had to apologize to the convener (the league ) and my teammates , also calling the other team to commend them and apologize for my "passion "LOL ...they totally understood . I will try not to do this again , but it is hard to maintain in a game that even the other team is telling the ref that their own goals should be disallowed . I don't know this refs name but he goes into my top 10 worst refs of all time list along with that guy in Singapore that called a bunch of bad calls . Hopefully i don't fill out the list some more in my next game , or i might really lose it ;)

What can i say .... i am a goalie

No comments:

Post a Comment