Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Where Are We ? : pt.2 of the Bolzano story ....


If you guessed that we were late to pick up Rudi then you were right , apparently he was waiting on the side of this highway ( autobahn ) for about 2 or 3 hours as we slept away . But when we woke up boy did we feel like shit and in a zombie like trance we got into the car and started on our way ....about 5 minutes in we decide to start drinking again ! it's alright Rudi will drive HEHEHE....


Wow i don't think i have ever got so blasted on 4 wheels before ! We even stopped at a gas station to get more booze , including that bottle of Jaeger that you see in the picture earlier ! I have no clue how Rudi did not want to kill us both as we were like 2 wild animals locked in a cage WITH BOOZE . So yeah we are driving to Innsbruck to play hockey and i am smashed out of my mind, we arrive just in time and i meet my teammates ....i am sure they were all shocked to see me so hammered LOL.

All i remember was stumbling around the dressing room introducing myself and almost stepping on people with my skates on . Not a pretty sight and it gets worse. Now i am gonna say this with a grin ....i have played some of my best hockey drunk but this was a shit show . As soon as i stepped on the ice i had this urge to drop onto my head , oh yeah feet over head , blocker and catcher flopping around . Somehow i make it to my net and we start our game vs. the Innsbruck Wolves . From my recollection one of the first shots was a break away which i fell down on and somehow made the save . Seriously i was using the crossbar to stand up LOL! At some point the glass behind me broke and some of our ice time was wasted away , we walked off the ice with a win ....yes we won 3-2 don't ask i have no clue aside from the fact that we have 2 ex NHL'ers on our squad :)

After our game we head back to our hostel to have dinner and start our evening off , or in my case continue my evening . So we get back finish off the bottle of Jaeger that we bought earlier in the day and begin to meet our teammates which was a mixed group from all over the place . ( 7 Czechs, 4 Germans, 3 Brits, 1 Austrian and me ) After dinner we headed around the corner to the local bar and had a good time taking silly pics with Rainers crazy big sunglass' and his wig LOL. Then we went to the disco .....long blank.......after disco i woke up the next morning !

Apparently i made it through the night drinking and dancing the night away and even got into a cab with my favorite cohort Rainer :) , this time i passed out in the cab . We went to the wrong hostel , found our hostel . Rainer had to drag me out of the cab and carry me inside where i basically passed out not that i was ever conscious or have ever regained any of these memories in this last paragraph .

All i can say is that i am a goalie !


No comments:

Post a Comment