Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Tournaments i dream of ....


Having the travelling bug for me just doesn't mean i am dreaming of going to countries , i dream of the tournaments i can go to in certain countries ! Since my first bite of the travelling bug after the tournament in Dubai 2005 i started my search for tournaments . I am probably thinking about this stuff right now because there is a tournament that has eluded me for years in Bangkok ( http://www.jogsports.com/tutorials/general-tourney-info.html )  that i am dying to go to someday . The Bangkok tournament is HUGE , pretty much everyone i know in Asia will be there ! I have had invites that have been revoked, had to pass on going there , and also have had an injury hold me from going there ....that is about 3 invites wasted away . If i am correct they are mostly invites from the Kuala Lumpur Cobras ( which is a country i have been dying to visit as well !) i was actually asked to go this year but because of my euro trip i had to pass :(

The Bolzano trip i took two years ago starts this week too , what a blast that was . I hope that Rainer and his troop of Kackvogels can do a tournament repeat and win this one too ...good luck guys/gals ! Basically most of the tournaments that i dream of are the ones that have eluded me somehow. Hawaii is one of them which i am chasing at the moment . Last year i was supposed to go to play in Hawaii then go to Sheffield,UK the following month , unfortunately the team i was going with to Hawaii could not make it and the tournament in Sheffield was cancelled.

England is definitely high on my list as i go there ALOT (family visits) and i have been there 3 times with my gear and have yet to see a rink !!! So you can all guess that the next time i go family will be second to hockey :) I really wish that i can find a tournament to attend there , when i become more focused on it i will ! As i planned last year , i would love to pick up my buddy Snowy in Ringwood and start driving ...obviously the stops i want to make would be in Birmingham ,Sheffield to visit family and friends ( play hockey ) drive up to Edinburgh,Scotland ( get on ice ) and drive through Cardiff on the way back to go for a skate . Like i said earlier this one will have to wait .

As of now i am chasing Hawaii for April , then i am hoping and planning to go back to Cortina in September with stops after in Slovenia, Serbia,Croatia, Macedonia,Greece and Bulgaria ( taking train with my gear ). Then the April after i am finally bringing my own hockey team ( Ghetto Blasters)  out to Europe to play in Tachov , Czech Republic . Bringing my team will be more organizing than i have ever had to do , with some players leaving after 1 week and some players after 2 weeks ....only the brave will keep on rolling with me deeper into Eastern Europe LOL!

So yeah i am gonna keep myself busy until 2013 ! If all goes as planned then by this time i will have played in almost every country in Europe ...i said almost not all . Then i can start to focus on South America or Africa . As long as i don't wake up from this dream i will be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment