Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Last Day in Melbourne


Kinda glad to be leaving Melbourne as I really can’t say it has been a great experience here . I know some people might not get it but my trips are mostly based around ice hockey . I travel somewhere , play hockey with a group of people that are usually looking forward to meeting me as I am interested in meeting them also and usually I make a bundle of friends and let things fall into place from there . If it weren’t for Wayne yesterday then I wouldn’t even be able to say I met anyone here and it is sad for me that this happened here and really dampened my spirits and that’s why I’m not too fond of Melbourne and probably wouldn’t come back and wouldn’t suggest anyone visits here . It’s just another big city that you wander around and never find the true soul of the city without making friends . I know it’s sad and that’s why I was so pissed off when I wrote that blog a couple days ago . If anyone takes offence to it so be it but the question I would ask would be why didn’t anyone do anything to make it better ? 

Along with this being the last day here in Melbourne it was also my last day travelling with Kathleen who is now leaving for Vancouver and I love her to bits for being patient with me even at the harshest of times and I’m gonna miss her while I’m in Adelaide playing hockey , getting drunk and making new friends .... ok who am I kidding ? HA ! I’m sure she would call bullshit on that and that’s because she knows me better but the truth is yeah we’ve had a great trip here and time has flown by so quickly and you all know that saying , time flies when you’re having fun and that is so true .

It was a scorcher in Melbourne and we opted to laze around and chill at the pool at the Holiday Inn . Unfortunately there were people that were smoking , kids that were screaming and others that were complaining ... mostly about the screaming kids and for once I wasn’t the one complaining lol 😝 I just put on some tunes and wrote about my experience with Wayne the day before and drowned out the noise as the day floated by . When the time came I aborted and went up to the room to chill and watch some tv while Kathleen got some me time by the pool and we both decided her last meal should be some Greek food at this restaurant Wayne suggested called Stalactites which of course is a 30 minute walk from our hotel . What can you do ? Sometimes even the savviest of travellers make the wrong decisions but at least our hotel has a pool and the staff are friendly and besides we could use the walk . Even though we have cut down our meals we are still getting stuffed and I am only guessing it’s because my body is used to burning more when I’m at the gym and here I’m only walking and playing hockey once or twice a week . Hopefully that changes next week in Adelaide when I’m at the tournament playing for two different teams . 


When the time came we took our hike to the restaurant and we were not disappointed even though once again pork was not an option and I wish some9ne could explain the absence of pork to me here in Australia ? Pig is so yummy , you are seriously missing out lol 😝 I had some chicken souvlaki dinner which was really good and Kathleen had the same thing but with more salad . We got stuffed on our only real meal of the day ! Ok we had a small sandwich earlier but really we are both used to eating more so it’s beginning to baffle us both . After we paid for our meals which I would highly suggest anyone in Melbourne to try we then headed back to our room with a stop over for some gelato . Yes I was full and stuffed more into myself .... I might as well be that missing pork hahaha ! 

I’m gonna keep this short but sweet , we really didn’t do much after that aside from donating our Myki cards to the YHA hostel for some other travellers to use instead of paying the $6 for the card which they were happy to accept and then we hit the hay as we have an early start to our day tomorrow when we part ways at the airport . I’m not looking forward to saying bye to Kathleen but at least I know I will see her when I get home next week and I’m sure she will have fun visiting her buddy Sharon in Vancouver . Things are definitely going to get crazy from here on out and hopefully I can keep up with my posts as the drinks will begin to flow and the bruises will begin to show as the tournament begins for me in a couple days . Peace out ✌️ 

    



No comments:

Post a Comment