Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Gathering Essentials



I'm back in Toronto sitting here on a shoot for a tv commercial hoping we don't go late so I can make my Ghetto Blaster game tonight . Isn't it fitting that today the food stylists on my truck are cooking French fries which would be so yummy with the cheese curds I brought back from Montreal ? Before I left Montreal I needed to go get some bagels and cheese curds ... it would be a waste to come home without these two essential things . Yeah I can get those here in Toronto but trust me ... it's not the same ! 

When we woke up yesterday we started packing up then dropped our bags in the car before running out to grab some candy from the shop down the road called Chocolats Favoris ... we were in here the other day but ended up giving most of the lollipops we bought to Adil to give to the kids from us :) so we had to replenish and then grab a coffee for the road . We checked out of Hotel Chrome and drove to St.Viateur Bakery to grab bagels . There is a bunch of different locations , we just went to the closest one ... the guy behind the counter was awesome and we grabbed a couple dozen which can always be frozen and reheated but are extra special when fresh . After that we had to grab some cheese curds to make some home made poutine . We googled fromagerie and went to the closest location which ended up being Fromagerie Maitre Corbeau , Kathleen ran in and grabbed a few bags of extra squeaky cheese YUM ! 



You're probably wondering why I didn't grab this stuff earlier and that's because it's much better refrigerated and would have probably gone to the trash bin if I bought it earlier or I would have ate it by the time I left anyways lol ! Was hoping to meet up with some hockey contacts before I left but it was time to get going . I didn't really consider where I was going to grab stuff based on where we had to get on highway but luckily when we left the fromagerie we were in the right place to get on our way . 

The ride home was uneventful ... set the cruise control to 120 km/hr and put some tunes on . Stopped for gas outside of Quebec as it is much cheaper and only had to stop a couple more times ... once for a pee break and once for another fill up before hitting Toronto . It took about 6 hours to get back which isn't bad and when we arrived we got into the city just before rush hour . If we were a half hour later we probably would have been caught in traffic making the trip longer . We had some luck I guess :) seemed to be fitting that an amazing weekend like this would end so well ! 

Hoping to do another road trip before I head to India in January . If anyone has any ideas let me know ? For now I gotta thank Kathleen for being such an awesome girlfriend ... she didn't even complain about sitting in an arena for almost 2 hours :) also wanna thank Adil for hooking up the ice time and bringing back a jersey from the Development Cup ... unfortunately I never got to see the trophy :( maybe next time ? It was also great seeing Kathleen's buddy Jen Arseneault on Friday ... and if you're wondering Jen , I did buy some Dieu du Ciel beers to bring home :) Moralite is a fantastic IPA !!! I can't wait to go home now hahaha ! Montreal you've spoiled me . Until next time . 

No comments:

Post a Comment