Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Struggle to get to London


Yeah it was one of those days ... My good friend Zoli did me a huge favour and drove me to the airport and I left my last forints with Rainer which I wish I didn't do but he needed it and I owe him a few bucks . I went to the airport a bit early and when I arrived found out the flight was delayed 40 minutes ... Thanks expedia app for the warning :( 

Said bye to Zoli and when I got in airport found out they won't let me check bags until 2 hours before so I sat around and waited . There was a huge lineup for Lufthansa as they are on strike which is really screwing everyone . When I finally checked my bags I was told to carry on my sticks ??? Ok ... As soon as I got to security they freaked out ! Who told you to do this ??? Umm the girl at the Brussels Airline counter . So yeah I had to pay €50 for that when in fact I could have checked that bag and carried on the other bag the girl at counter brilliantly offered to check ... Not a fan of Brussels Air ! 

When I finally got through security without my sticks I approached the counter where we empty pockets and get bags scanned . Well there was a douchebag in front of me that was holding up the line so I grabbed a bin and put my stuff in it and was gonna wait for him to be in front of me and he turns to me and says "you know in airports there are certain rules for travelling you should wait " I explained I just wanted to move along to not hold up line ... When he got to the security agent he had to bag some liquids and had more stuff to do so I said to him "if you know the rules so well why aren't you prepared , asshole " I walked past him and told him to fuck himself too he said the same back as security was asking questions . When I was gathering my stuff out of bin I was compelled to tell him that he was a cocksucker too ;) I really wanted to punch this guy in the face as he just looked like such a high nosed douche ! I mean ultimately I wasn't trying to jump the line I was just pissed off that someone with so much travel sense was so stupid ... Be prepared when you get to the security , don't unpack your bags when you get there , have your sweater and belt and cap off and don't ever piss me off ;)

Ok so I saw him at a bank machine and called him a douche too before I walked off to get some food . My luck turned got the better and I got free fries from the girl at KFC counter then I saw Santa Claus with a bunch of cute kids chasing him down ;) really lifted my spirits ! 

Then my flight was delayed even more :( Scheiss !!! Ok no worries I have a 4 hour layover in Brussels so I should still make it on time . Did I say Brussels Air sucks ? Yeah if you want water on a 2 hour flight you have to pay ?!?!? Ok so I guess I will have to get a drink in Brussels . The airport there is totally stupid ! It took almost 45 minutes of walking up and down stairs to get to the next terminal , it's like a maze and at one point I lost signs saying where to go , I asked someone working a car rental and he didn't know English ??? No comment ...

Yeah I got my drink guzzled it and finally caught my flight to London . When I arrived I called Uber for a ride and my stupid Macedonian SIM card doesn't work for texts or for phone calls , or internet which it didn't work anywhere . VIP Macedonia , you suck ! So I put my Canadian SIM card in called my driver and found him a few minutes later . Traffic was brutal and it took 1.5 hours to get from airport and cost me £40 but would have cost twice as much with taxi . I highly suggest everyone uses Uber ! 

Ok finally at my hotel which is on top of a pub . Drop my bags have a few pints and eat some food , unfortunately Internet was not working ! The Black Lion is great the staff is good and I would stay here again . Internet mysteriously started working this morning ;) and I got some shitty news ... Rainers flight was cancelled !!! I am so in limbo right now . Today I'm meeting my mates to go watch Villa but first have to move to the hotel I'm sharing with Rainer . Tomorrow we are supposed to pick up rental car to start travelling around the UK . Fingers are crossed that Rainer makes it here today . Let's hope for the best . Definitely hoping for a Villa win ;) UTV !!

No comments:

Post a Comment