Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Not a fan of London


So here's the deal . I don't like London yes I said it ! It doesn't feel like England in fact it doesn't even sound like England as I hear every language known to man except English . It's just weird . The thing that pisses me off is the money grubbing bastards you can find here and I don't mean on the streets , I mean the buisness' like the hotel I am in now . 

Yesterday I had to leave the Black Lion to come here to the Quality Inn Maitrise and check out is 11 am and check in here is 2 pm . Rainer booked this place which I wish he didn't as I am so far from where I have to be later on and if you are wondering ... He hasn't arrived yet :( when I arrived here with my Uber cab I walked in and asked kindly if I could check in early . The man (?) behind the counter told me it's a £10 fee for early check in I kindly said ok can I store my bags and he said yes then looked at the size of my bags .... When we got back to his desk I mentioned that I write a blog about travelling :) I like to let these douchey dudes know they won't get away with being dickheads to me . Then I got the wi-fi and sat in the lobby while I heard one customer after another complain about the service here . One couple had no water , another couple demanded their money back and checked out and clearly this place is mismanaged . Suddenly a room was available for early check in free of charge :) but I had to put a deposit down ... You would think it's because of hotel bar or something but no there is an empty fridge in my room . Whatever ! I checked the water and it was running but there was some piss coloured liquid in the bath tub ... Gross ! 


I needed a snack so went to the Tesco Express across street and got me some McCoy's crisps and found biltong ;) yeah my favorite treat from South Africa !!!! That didn't last long hahaha (need more) then I had to decide if I should try making the trek via train(s) OR Uber which will cost more but will get me there without getting lost . I opted for the expensive charge on my visa :( ... My girlfriend is gonna kill me when she sees the bill . 

I headed out to the Woolpack pub to meet the Kidderminster Lions to go watch Aston Villa . The pub was fine but they wouldn't allow me to use their wifi (cunts) they actually said it's for local people and not customers ? Wtf ! How much of an asshole do you have to be to have the nerve to say that ... At least he spoke Enhlish hahaha ! 

Few pints in I jumped onto the bus with the guys and drove off to the pitch where we hit up another pub and met Simon Tissington & Jim Thurber from San Diego . Obviously I had a few more pints and had a great time then the big game . Selhurst Park is an old shitty ground with our seats comes an obstructed view with a pole blocking some of the game . I guess this is just for our away supporters . The Beast Christian Benteke is back and made his presence felt immediately by scoring to put Villa up 1-0 and then our coaches tactics kicked in ... Sit back and play defense . Zzzz we all stood on our heels waiting for that inevitable tying goal to get in but it never happened :) !!! Wow unreal , finally I see Villa win a game in the UK . My 0-3-1 record here is now 1-3-1 and I am really hoping to see another one this weekend .


I had a bite to eat with Jim & Simon after then headed home with another  Uber . When I arrived at hotel I found out Rainer will not make it here until Dec.4 and I guess I have to book a bus and go to Cardiff on my own ... So now I gotta go do some research , eat breakfast and head off to Cardiff where I will get to play in my 30th country . I can't wait to get out of London ! As I said ... It just doesn't feel like England here . 

No comments:

Post a Comment