Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The British Invasion



Today the first wave of players coming from Europe to play in my hockey tournament arrive . 2 blokes from England ... Darren and Nick . Nick is the dancing machine in the picture above , will post a pic of Daz aka Darren later on . I met Daz way back in 2008 when i went over to play in a tournament in Bolzano,Italy , he is a fellow Rainman Allstar . We were room mates and it got messy then , i got alcohol poisoning :( it was very messy LOL . I laugh now but lemme tell ya ... it was rough ! I broke my nose at the end of the tournament so the last time i saw him i probably had my hand over my face and wasn't in the best of shape to say the least . A few years passed before i saw Daz again but we stayed in touch through Facebook . Last year in October we reunited in Iceland , i was a bit smarter this time avoiding poisoning myself ... over the years i learned to pace myself a bit better . When we met up in Iceland he brought some other "island monkeys" with him . Please don't be offended by that comment its an inside joke amongst the guys that play for Rainer .

One of the guys that came to Iceland with Daz was Onsy aka Nick . As you see above he is quite the entertainer and i expect to see him dance up a storm this week while he is here . It is such an honour to have these 2 guys joining me here for my tournament . They will be the first Brits to step on the ice here in my tournament ... there will be a lot of firsts this weekend :) Hopefully i can show these guys a good time and get them to come with a full team from the UK , that would be amazing . For now i should stay focused on this tournament .

Remember this is just the first phase so i might only need just 1 case of beer LOL ... tomorrow when the rest come i need way more + some Jaegermeister ! Hoping my 2 mates from England have a safe flight over , i will pick them up at roughly 4 pm . I will bring them to my place where they are staying the night then i will drag them with me to the arena to watch my game ... after we will drink ! Pretty sure they are gonna be jet lagged and the only cure for that is to stay up , drinking helps too hehehe. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete