Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 1 in South America

Arrived safe and sound yesterday in Rio de Janeiro and met Andi Tanzer & our host here  Ge' Cardoso was there with him to drive us to our hotel which he arranged for us ! Traffic here is insane it seemed like forever for us to get to Hotel Entremares in Barra . It was fine as we shared hockey experiences and started to get o know Ge' better . This guy is Mr. Hockey here in Brazil and he is one hell of a host , he was with us all day yesterday showing us some necessities in Barra ... Mostly good bars and great cheap food .  We ate at this all u can eat place and was 20 Reals which is the Brazilian currency if u did not know , we all fell in love with the fried banana poppers .... They are like jalapeño poppers except they are stuffed with bananas !!!

Then we started drinking ... We had these awesome vodka drinks with coconut juice in them , can't remember the name as I am quite hung over at the moment lol . Before we got too drunk we went to the arena which is in a grocery store !! It's a small rink but its real ice which is amazing !!!  It could use some more insulation on the ceiling and a door to keep cool air in wouldn't be a bad idea to help run the rink more efficiently as they must lose a lot of cold air without these in place ...if I meet the rink owner I will probably suggest this :)

After the rink we went out for more drinks at Bar 399 and people watched ... I can't lie the women here are quite beautiful ( yeah I miss my gf already ) everyone here seems to hav beach ready bodies and everyone is very nice here :) most people don't speak English here so it is a good thing that Ge' is with us to translate .

It is winter here which means I am in shorts ;) yeah it doesn't get cold here ! Beautiful climate and scenery , what more could u ask for aside from the chance to play ice hockey . If  you are wondering I am up early to go teach some children how to skate with Timo and Andi ... After we are going sight seeing but for now I should get some breakfast will try to write more later but for now I should get going ... First time on ice today and I can't wait ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment